How stupid is Elop? I can't see what made Elop think that MeeGo is not competitive to iOS. WP7 looks like garbage compared to MeeGo, it looks disgusting with those tiles and lacks simplicity when directly compared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3frr...eature=related

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
MeeGo is competitive with any OS. Every website even engagdet which i think doesn't like nokia phones liked N9 and MeeGo alot. but i don't understand why elop chose Windows phone instead of MeeGo.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Duh.... he was from Windows before he came to Nokie o_O

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
No use crying over spilt milk.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
No use crying over spilt milk.
what do you suggest we do? get a new bottle?

its time to take matters into my own hands. i shall invade the sausage with my 5 finger army.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
what do you suggest we do? get a new bottle?
Yes.

Originally Posted by patlak
...lacks simplicity when directly compared...
Have you used WP7? It's honestly quite simplistic; a bit overly simplistic to be honest. Out of the box, both Mango and MeeGo are almost equals in terms of simplicity.

The anger over WP7 being chosen by Nokia under Elop's direction is past its time. At least the N9 was released before the WP7 phones. MeeGo has been replaced by yet another unreleased OS on a handset - Tizen.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Have you used WP7? It's honestly quite simplistic; a bit overly simplistic to be honest. Out of the box, both Mango and MeeGo are almost equals in terms of simplicity.
Yes, I have used WP7. It actually feels cluttered. And I said, when directly compared to MeeGo, it lacks simplicity. Tiles are ugly, and ruin the interface; they seem out of place. Resolution is used badly, like in the QVGA days. Third of the screen's space has been taken by PEOPLE for instance. I know what the hell it is, I tapped on it. This is the reason why WP7 is fast. However, you can really notice its flaws when compared to MeeGo, even Maemo 5.

Last edited by patlak; 2011-10-23 at 15:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Yes, I have used WP7. It actually feels cluttered. And I said, when directly compared to MeeGo, it lacks simplicity. Tiles are ugly, and ruing the interface, they seem out of place. Resolution is used badly, like in the QVGA days. Third of the screen's space has been taken by PEOPLE for instance. I know what the hell it is, I tapped on it. This is the reason why WP7 is fast. However, you can really notice its flaws when compared to MeeGo, even Maemo 5.
Almost all of the WP7 phones feature the same resolution. As to the tiles ruining the UI, we will just have to disagree. I do not find it superior, just way different.

And by use, and I meant using it for an extended period of time. Not merely tapping on it. The People tile is smaller than the Calendar tile. So, not sure what you mean by that.

Both the Mango and Harmattan UI have flaws; WP7 more so than Harmattan.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
The anger over WP7 being chosen by Nokia under Elop's direction is past its time.
I guess that makes me old school

Almost all of the WP7 phones feature the same resolution. As to the tiles ruining the UI, we will just have to disagree. I do not find it superior, just way different.

And by use, and I meant using it for an extended period of time. Not merely tapping on it. The People tile is smaller than the Calendar tile. So, not sure what you mean by that.

Both the Mango and Harmattan UI have flaws; WP7 more so than Harmattan.
I have used it for an extended period of time, have it installed on my HD2. What I said about people wasn't concerning the tile. It's after you tap on it, when It takes you to the people screen where you have that damn PEOPLE word taking a third of the screen. The whole interface is like that and it sucks.Plus, the OS doesn't have the option to use the phone as a mass storage device, hello iTunes, I mean Zune.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post: