Active Topics

what would your next phone be after having used Nokia N900?!!! Curious of everyone's response! Intrigue me please!!!

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Kiev, UA
n9/e7 or android dumb phone to use as 3g/gprs modem for asus transformer

time will tell

Dumb phone and laptop. There is nothing on the market that i would gladly spend money on right now.

Last edited by Daneel; 2011-08-17 at 13:18.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
we desperately need another hype for a new smartphone as big as the N900 hype in 2009 again!!!

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I may purchase N9 and/or may purchase any other Nokia Meego powered devices with phone functionality. The day when Nokia is finished with Meego for devices with phone functionality is the day that I switch across to Android platform and hoping OpenMoko to release a more updated device with phone functionality/phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
I will probably keep my N900 for years, but I'm pretty sure that my next phone for daily use could be N9. I'm also looking forward to upcoming iPhone and I like HTC phones.

Actually there aren't any smartphone which could be a replacement for N900, because most of the phones with QWERTY keyboard ain't good for me - specs are bad

I want a smartphone similar to Samsung Galaxy S II specs but with keyboard like N900.

No I'm not a Galaxy S II fanboy. For me - it looks so cheap because of build quality.
Nokia is has far more better build quality.
iPhone and HTC build quality is quite good.
I only like Galaxy S II specs. Very impressive, but it eats a lot of battery and still it lags sometimes

And yes... I find myself not very interested in Android. Just don't like it except HTC because I like their phone HTC Sense

That's about me
  3. Nokia 6110 Navigator (Black)
  4. Nokia N900
  5. Sony Xperia Z1
  6. Nokia 8

The Following User Says Thank You to Protegio For This Useful Post:
For me new phone ain't a priority. I need PC for gaming and for other useful things: Photoshop, video editing / recording and so on.
  3. Nokia 6110 Navigator (Black)
  4. Nokia N900
  5. Sony Xperia Z1
  6. Nokia 8

Possibly the HP Pre 3. Perhaps not until it's been around a bit and comes down in price and the firmware's been updated a couple of times.
I've had a go at android devices, but I don't get on with that OS. I like to be able to close applications and know that they're closed.
WebOS looks whizzy, and after using the N900 for a while, I'm not going to be too upset at an app store that has a fraction of the content that android/iDevices have.

The Following User Says Thank You to wheelybird For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wheelybird View Post
Possibly the HP Pre 3. Perhaps not until it's been around a bit and comes down in price
Well, you can buy one shipping today for £360.00 including VAT (around 60% the suggested price of a 16G N9).

Edit: never mind that, it's £299 straight from the mothership.

Last edited by lma; 2011-08-18 at 04:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Australia
Nothing particularly excites me in Android, and I am disinclined to give this incarnation of Nokia any more money.

I demand high-quality hardware and a QWERTY keyboard. The only candidate at the moment is the Milestone 3, but if the bootloader remains locked it will not be an attractive option.

I would be interested in WebOS and a Pre3, but HP aren't really showing the proper commitment to actually getting it to market. [Edit] Yes, it is available in Australia as pre-order (ha. ha. ha.) but I remain suspicious about their commitment and long-term support for the platform and hardware. As well as its quality.

I am going to make the N900 last as long as I can.

Last edited by jhepburn; 2011-08-17 at 09:35. Reason: Clarifying my point.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jhepburn For This Useful Post: