Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
We had forgotten a osso_initialize in Midori (qwerty12 found the problem), so it got killed by hildon desktop and he will be pushing out an update soon.
Uploaded a fixed version, just waiting for it to build and then you can do an "apt-get upgrade".

No, this problem was not caused by me, it was just solved by me

Also, for ARMEL, the zoom and fullscreen functions should be binded to their equivalent keys on the N800. If I did it right, x86 shouldn't be affected...

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Mmmmh, after some reboots because of crashes the desktop doesn't work anymore. (also after reflashing). The screen is flickering and only showing white and grey stripes.

The wizard at the beginning still works

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by kotzkind View Post
Mmmmh, after some reboots because of crashes the desktop doesn't work anymore. (also after reflashing). The screen is flickering and only showing white and grey stripes.

The wizard at the beginning still works
Is this the JFFS2 image? Someone reported this already (see known issues).
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
WiFi can temporarily be fixed through the power button - enable offline mode, and then enable normal mode again. It resets the WiFi connection (please do read the known issues )

We had forgotten a osso_initialize in Midori (qwerty12 found the problem), so it got killed by hildon desktop and he will be pushing out an update soon.
I wonder if the wifi issue is the same as the midori that its been constantly killed by the desktop for some reason. its hard trying to get updates or install any application when the connection keeps dropping.

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
how do you change the clock to display local time?
Just wanted to reply to my own question,
sudo or root: date --set='+x hours x minutes'

That doesn't look correct. The clock shall always be UTC, you just have to provide the correct local timezone for your area. In other words, 'date -u' should show UTC time, wherever you are, and just 'date' should show local time.

Timezone: Check what 'ls -l /etc/localtime' shows. On my system (standard OS2007, not Mer, but it's like this on my desktop system too) it's a symlink to /usr/share/zoneinfo/<my timezone>

Is this the JFFS2 image? Someone reported this already (see known issues).
Yes, I seem to have overlooked it.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Colombia
i must say kudos to y'all! this keeps getting better,
love that kb works now in n810... gonna try it, just installed!

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
That doesn't look correct. The clock shall always be UTC, you just have to provide the correct local timezone for your area. In other words, 'date -u' should show UTC time, wherever you are, and just 'date' should show local time.

Timezone: Check what 'ls -l /etc/localtime' shows. On my system (standard OS2007, not Mer, but it's like this on my desktop system too) it's a symlink to /usr/share/zoneinfo/<my timezone>
I know it says that. I am in EDT time zone and I tried setting it, date +%z -s edt and it changed my time to 8 hours back. but the time still reads UTC time.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Midori is not crashing anymore (thanks to qwerty12), go to app manager and check for updates

Tags
firmware, linux distribution, mer, mer release