Active Topics

Just wondering if anyone has been able to delete a previously installed application. I hit the delete button and it asks for a confirmation, but then nothing happens.

Also what's up with the expiration date? It says May 31, 2008. Anyone know if this version is also time limited?

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Miami & London
Originally Posted by rhkuo View Post
...to delete a previously installed application. I hit the delete button and it asks for a confirmation, but then nothing happens.
1. You should not be able to delete the built-in applications, only those you have installed.

2. To delete an application...

a. Launch GVM
b. Tap Home (lower left)
c. Tap Menu (lower right)
d. Choose App > Delete

3. After you exit GVM, if the icon still appears in the Launcher menu, use Menu > Tools > Clean icons

The Following User Says Thank You to sparkling For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the info, I was finally able to remove a couple applications. I was trying to delete them from the main garnet vm screen. The delete button on the right doesn't seem to work.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
The delete button on the right of the GVM launcher screen works for me and I can uninstall any app except for the builtin apps that way. What app wouldn't uninstall that way?

Hi PCQ,
It was Natara Bonsai and also one other game app I installed (can't remember name) just to see if it would delete.

How does one delete files that an application uses? I'm using PalmBiblePlus that seems to work ok (although it won't do full screen), but it reads files that are installed for Bibles. But I'm getting complaints about not enough memory and want to delete one of the Bibles, but I don't see any way to do that.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Montreal Quebec CANADA
That just made me think about trying to install "Filez". Filez handles all of these different types of files, and the option to delete is there.
I played with the Sharp Line of personal organizers, then discovered Palm... m100-m500-Zire 71-Zire 72-Palm TX... used Tapwave Zodiac 2 for a bit and watched it sputter and die... and now it is Nokia Time. Don't let us down.

I've installed FileZ and it won't let me delete any files. I have no idea why?

I unchecked the ROM box and it let me delete files. However, after I did that all my applications that I had installed disappeared. I had to reinstall all the applications. But the files I wanted to delete did go away :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to dwforslund For This Useful Post:

Tags
garnet, palm