Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Would be strange if its the databases. For starting from terminal:
Code:
sailfish-qml harbour-pure-maps
I suspect that you have an old Pure Maps process running. Check with

Code:
ps ux | grep pure
if you see any Pure Maps running without showing on screen
rinigus, to my surprise the Pure Maps started from terminal. I tried after that from icon and it did not start from there. Your second command did show some instance(s) of Pure Maps left running even when nothing was shown in the screen.

I did reboot the phone and now it starts normally from icon. Thanks for the help.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
No, I don't think it has to be tuned for each of the styles. But, I would think that night/day maps could be different.
It's something like palette swapping doable for SVG ? I works fine for games to differentiate players with the same model so I guess the same mechanism could be used to palette swap icons/indicators to better work with the given map style while keeping the icons otherwise the same geometry wise (of course one needs to make sure the palette swapped colors don't blend together).

I don't have a very deep insight into SVG & SVG rendering, but every SVG is basically a XML file, so in the simplest case it should be possible to quite easily palette swap a set of master icons by sedding the color strings to different ones for each variant, during development or at build time.

In more advanced cases the SVG code could be processed at runtime & fed to either PyOtherSide image provider (it takes byte arrays & supports proper SVG rendering) or to temporary files.

So, just an idea.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
It's something like palette swapping doable for SVG ? I works fine for games to differentiate players with the same model so I guess the same mechanism could be used to palette swap icons/indicators to better work with the given map style while keeping the icons otherwise the same geometry wise (of course one needs to make sure the palette swapped colors don't blend together).

I don't have a very deep insight into SVG & SVG rendering, but every SVG is basically a XML file, so in the simplest case it should be possible to quite easily palette swap a set of master icons by sedding the color strings to different ones for each variant, during development or at build time.

In more advanced cases the SVG code could be processed at runtime & fed to either PyOtherSide image provider (it takes byte arrays & supports proper SVG rendering) or to temporary files.

So, just an idea.
As you suggested, sed is a friend. In WhoGo/Pure Maps, the icons are generated before making RPM packages at different sizes. So, I can just run sed and replace the colors accordingly. In this aspect, the palettes are available

I'll try to remember your more advanced option, just as a part of education.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
wish list although some features might be suitable for other apps, eg sports app.

distance measure, eg between waypoints
record trials, display, export, load
display compass on the map

thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
wish list although some features might be suitable for other apps, eg sports app.

distance measure, eg between waypoints
record trials, display, export, load
display compass on the map

thanks
Recording trials is done, IMHO, well in Laufhelden (https://openrepos.net/content/jdrescher/laufhelden). Its specialized for it and there is no need to repeat the effort. If something is missing, its better to fix it there.

Although, related, there is a plan to add routing along pre-recorded GPX (https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/29).

Re distance measure: on a straight line?

Compass: while situation with compass improved, its not perfect yet, at least not on onyx. Do we have any reliable compass on SFOS devices? There are also several apps displaying it too.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Re distance measure: on a straight line?
It can be done in a strait line, between two POI, I was thinking something like the distance tool in google maps.

Compass: while situation with compass improved, its not perfect yet, at least not on onyx. Do we have any reliable compass on SFOS devices? There are also several apps displaying it too.
The latest SFOS update (2.2.1) which was released today has fixed the compass sensor for XperiaX devices. Also the compass on ModRana now seems to work, I do not know how reliable that is.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
The latest SFOS update (2.2.1) which was released today has fixed the compass sensor for XperiaX devices. Also the compass on ModRana now seems to work, I do not know how reliable that is.
Cool, I'm just downloading the update to check for that.

BTW, now that compass is working again, simple AR apps are yet again possible. Even AGTL back on N9 used the camera view quite nicely to show nearby geocaches superimposed on the camera output based on compass and maybe accelerometer as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post

BTW, ... even AGTL back on N9 used the camera view quite nicely to show nearby geocaches superimposed on the camera output based on compass and maybe accelerometer as well.
orly?
I may have missed that completely. But was using it only on N900 back then. Have there been new features by Aapo?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
orly?
I may have missed that completely. But was using it only on N900 back then. Have there been new features by Aapo?
I can't seem to find any screenshots of that (time to revive my N9 for this ? ;-) ), but the feature is mentioned here:
http://my-symbian.com/meego/software...uto=1123&faq=4

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
I have released a bugfix release (1.4.2) that also includes updates for translations and Greek as a new language [thank you @pmelas!]. It also adds context menu in POI list, as suggested earlier here by @pagis.

This release is my take on a bug that leads Pure Maps working on the background when you close it. Its possible that it was induced by hanging connection(s) to the servers (OSM Scout Server, for example). Since Pure Maps is using blocking API for access to HTTP servers, I was able to reproduce hanging exits by suspending OSM Scout Server before closing Pure Maps. I suspect that, at lower end, processes get swapped out and don't respond well to closing connections. To overcome the issue, I pushed connection handling into separate threads that just get terminated on exit.

Hence, those of you, who have frequently observed problems with starting / closing Pure Maps (looking at @pichlo's J1 in particular), please test this release.

I hope I haven't introduced any new bugs in this critical part of the code. If I did, let me know and switch to the earlier version.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: