Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
There is currently a wiki spot for PIM. If you want to add to it, or flesh it out more, please do so.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Geneva,Switzerland
I liked Pimlico dates look and feel than GPE calender. I sync Pimlico one way by downloading Google calender .ics file and import the same.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
well thats one way of doing it

now, if one could get opensync to do its thing over bluetooth rater then wifi...

Woops, I didn't realize there was already a wiki page for this. I'm new here, sorry about that. I'll check it out and see what updates I can add.

I didn't know about the opensync solution. Hopefully I can figure out how to import my contacts through the desktop.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
Originally Posted by mathew.chacko View Post
I liked Pimlico dates look and feel than GPE calender. I sync Pimlico one way by downloading Google calender .ics file and import the same.

Pimlico dates will sync directly (one way). Just enter in your shared icalendar link from google calendar

I hope it will be possible to sync my N800 with my Nokia 6230 phone through bluetooth.

Last edited by squad_com; 2008-03-16 at 01:33.

Major Announcement

I've just discovered that the latest version of KDEPIMPI (2.10), compiled for the Open Embedded project, combined with the libqt-mt.so.3 library (for Zaurus qt3 compatibility) produce a working, stable, PIM suite. The menus, icons, and functions are much better, though it isn't Hildonized. The calendar/to-list is much better, the address book is fully functional, and synchronizing works. The mail progam (ompi) and cell-phone data exchange (kammu, based on gammu) each run but are untested.

Many thanks to: Zautrix (the original author of KDEPIMPI), yonggun on OESF for compiling the package, and tz1 for the qt3 library.

The ".deb" package of the compiled kdepimpi suite is now available for download from the kdepimpi Maemo Garage site. Please see the brief installation notes on that site.

Here's a link to the OESF page with a .deb package of kdepimpi.

Here's a link to the libqt-mt.so.3 library which must be installed before kdepimpi.

Installation Instructions
The following instructions are intended for use via the command line. They
assume that you have sufficient space (~35MB) in /opt, and require commands to
be run with root privileges.

1. install the libqt3 package first.
Code:
wget -nd http://www.zdez.org/libqt3-3.3.deb ; dpkg -i libqt3-3.3.deb
2. install kdepimpi as root with:
Code:
dpkg -i --force-depends kdepimpi_2.2.10_armel.deb
3. append the kdepimpi library directory to the ld.so.conf file:
Code:
echo /opt/kdepimpi >> /etc/ld.so.conf
4. rebuild the library cache:
Code:
ldconfig
5. move the desktop launcher files to the proper directory:
Code:
cd /usr/share/applications ; mv kapi-desk.desktop kopi-desk.desktop kopiemail.desktop kppi-desk.desktop hildon
6. Create the "playwave" file to replace the "playwave" command called by kdepimpi, allowing audible alarms:

cat > /usr/bin/playwave << 'E-O-FILE'
#! /bin/sh
# dummy script to replace playwave as called by kopi. Save this as "playwave" in a
# directory that's in your $PATH
soundfile=$3
exec play-sound $soundfile
E-O-FILE
chmod +x /usr/bin/playwave

Last edited by z2n; 2008-12-03 at 19:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to z2n For This Useful Post:
There's also a wiki page here that people might like to look at and add to/edit: http://wiki.maemo.org/Task:PIM

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Originally Posted by z2n View Post
Major Announcement

I've just discovered that the latest version of KDEPIMPI (2.10), compiled for the Open Embedded project, combined with the libqt-mt.so.3 library (for Zaurus qt3 compatibility) produce a working, stable, PIM suite.
Great news, any chance of attaching the .deb here? Or hosting them yourself?

Screenshots might help too. Thanks again.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
it wont let me download the deb for kdepimpi from that page, can you post it here?