Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
1280x720 screen. Cool. 320 pixel density vs 251 of the n9. But 4.6 screen? Those "phones" keep getting bigger and bigger.
4.6 inches sounds large, but they can do this by shaving the bezel and using the area where the Android-Navigation-Buttons preside.

Which means it'll fit in the same size as a 4" phone, despite having a 4.3" area (the 0.3" is used for nav-buttons).

320ppi is not needed at all, everyone is fine with 220ppi (or qHD).
These extra pixels are just "icing on the cake".

Let's see what Samsung leaves out from the prototypes (the leaks) and adds in from the revision board, for us the consumers.

Here's an early peek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvsXy...layer_embedded

Last edited by Kangal; 2011-10-08 at 05:09.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Stable Release Of CyanogenMod 7.1
With Support For Android 2.3.7
On 68 Devices Is Finally Out;
CyanogenMod 9 Is Up Next

What's New

CM 7.1 adds support for the following:
  • HTC Desire S, Incredible S, Incredible 2
  • LG Optimus 2X and T-Mobile G2x
  • Motorola Backflip (Motus), Cliq / Cliq XT, Defy, Droid 2, Droid X
  • Samsung Captivate, Fascinate, Mesmerize, Showcase, Vibrant, Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 (multiple carriers)
  • Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Neo, Xperia Play, Xperia Ray, Xperia Arc
  • ZTE V9

More devices are on the horizon as well - EVO 3D, HP Touchpad, Optimus 3D, and others.

In addition to all the new devices, CM 7.1 includes a number of new features and bug fixes, which those of you flashing nightly releases have already been enjoying. Some of these features are:
  • Bluetooth mouse support
  • revoking app permissions
  • camera touch-to-focus
  • native screenshots in the power menu
  • upgraded kernel and Android v2.3.7

And then there's this change, which promptly caused me to laugh and scratch my noggin while searching for a deeper meaning (looks like it's related to this - thanks, Samuel):
  • Common: "eat" pushes fresh brunch/breakfast to device - Ricardo Cerqueira

For the rest of the changes, head over to the CHANGELOG.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
To be honest, I really love android (many apps and games, mods and updates), but I felt discouraged with NitDroid on N900. If my N900 dies one day (I don't hope this but...) For sure i will take one Android phone or one tablet!!!

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
To be honest, I really love android (many apps and games, mods and updates), but I felt discouraged with NitDroid on N900. If my N900 dies one day (I don't hope this but...) For sure i will take one Android phone or one tablet!!!
No rush--if you have something that works now, don't rush... the longer you wait, the better cooked Android will be anyway. Although, to be honest, NITdroid isn't really true Android--it's kind of a hacked up attempt to get an Android based OS on the N900, but from what I've seen and read, it's got lots of problems and the system itself it laid out somewhat differently, too. I certainly wouldn't judge Android on that sort of abomination. It's a nice hack but it's like trying to judge Windows on your experience with WINE or ReactOS. They're not at all the same even if they can all run Windows applications.

Also... WOW! I've been playing with my newly upgraded Droid (the CyanogenMod release I mentioned above, running Android 2.3.7) and HOLY CRAP... I didn't think it was possible, but my little 2-year old Droid is running INCREDIBLY slick and smooth.. faster than ever! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL upgrade! If anyone's wondering whether this is worthwhile--OH MY GOD YES! DO IT! DO IT NOW, DON'T WAIT TO FINISH READING THIS!!! I'm happy to see every wrinkle worked out (no more need for supercharger!! ...memory management is GREAT!) Things launch faster than before.. it's just SILKY SMOOTH!

...and now they're talking about how CyanogenMod 9 will be based on Ice Cream Sandwich. ...does that mean I'll be able to run Android 4.0 on my Droid? (All indications so far SEEM point toward being able to... we'll have to see, I guess.)
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Yay!! October 19 is going to be a BIG, important date!!

Samsung/Google's Nexus/Ice Cream Sandwich Event May Be Back On, This Time In Hong Kong

Source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/10...-in-hong-kong/

THREE more days!! This coming Wednesday!

Last edited by danramos; 2011-10-15 at 09:47.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWo9bFRFDWQ
One of the first reviews for the Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus. Notice Super PLS screen, Microsd, and infrared port. So your not loosing a lot compared to the 7.7 other than the super Amoled Plus and the extra .7 inches. (EVEN) more possibilities on the go

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
THREE more days!! This coming Wednesday!
My upgrade from T-Mobile is available. So I'm waiting on the Nexus Prime to see if I want to buy it unlocked or just get the Galaxy S2.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWo9bFRFDWQ
One of the first reviews for the Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus. Notice Super PLS screen, Microsd, and infrared port. So your not loosing a lot compared to the 7.7 other than the super Amoled Plus and the extra .7 inches. (EVEN) more possibilities on the go
Wellllllll.... and the 7-Plus is 1024x600 instead of the 1280x800 on the 7.7.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Wellllllll.... and the 7-Plus is 1024x600 instead of the 1280x800 on the 7.7.
Yah forgot about that. Also the 7.7 has a metal body.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy