Active Topics

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
iPhone4s is still the fastest out there with the A5... and i dont know about the camera..maybe N9 still kills it..

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
That's some star trek level stuff they're demonstrating on Siri.
I haven't had time to watch the conference (busy making changes to a a usability study with mobile devices after a dry run). But what makes it different from Android's voice capabilities?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
expected but it's late.

this should been announce in feb.

samsung and htc, even LG got better specs already.
In what way better?
The A5 is really fast, GPU performance is unrivalled.
The "Worldphone" aspect is also very nice. Do the others have that already? LTE is interesting, but for most people not something they can use yet (no coverage), so that isn't something you will miss in iPhone.
Also Siri seems very impressive, it seems much more integrated than the Google Voice search in Android.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Well, I think the prices spell little problem for Mr. Elop. It'll be interesting to see how he is going to lure people into completely new "ecosystem" when they can have iphone 3 for free and iphone 4 for $100 (and no doubt android makers will follow suit shortly)?

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I haven't had time to watch the conference (busy making changes to a a usability study with mobile devices after a dry run). But what makes it different from Android's voice capabilities?
Apple made it. Therefore it is superior.

On a more serious note, it appears to do better with context.

You can ask questions like "Do I need a raincoat today?" or "Wake me up tomorrow at 6am."

and it responds with "It sure looks like rain today" and sets the alarm for you.

Originally Posted by anonymous View Post

You can ask questions like "Do I need a raincoat today?" or "Wake me up tomorrow at 6am."

and it responds with "It sure looks like rain today" and sets the alarm for you.

I sense an entire new level of iUser douchebaggery on the horizon. please don't do this in public. Seriously I can see the use in car though...alone. I have used vlingo before with some good effect.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post

Yeah I had to look it up. It seems more integrated than Google's current operation and definitely more context aware. Though I have no doubt Google had already planned to further integrate voice control into Android (they love to gather people's voice samples). We'll probably see it with their announcement of Ice Cream sandwich.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
In what way better?
The A5 is really fast, GPU performance is unrivalled.
The "Worldphone" aspect is also very nice. Do the others have that already? LTE is interesting, but for most people not something they can use yet (no coverage), so that isn't something you will miss in iPhone.
Also Siri seems very impressive, it seems much more integrated than the Google Voice search in Android.
"World phone" is only meaningful to Americans, there won't be any roaming on CDMA networks. Nokia still winning with the pentaband imho.

Also, don't you have to hold down the 'home' key to activate Siri? Not very handsfree, might as well n9 swipe two times and not have to open your mouth/stop talking to someone/be annoying in public.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by jah25 View Post
"World phone" is only meaningful to Americans, there won't be any roaming on CDMA networks.
The World phone thing is by far the worst thing about it. I would never use it and need to pay for CDMA hardware and licenses. Totally idiotic. All countries with CDMA have GSM networks anyway. Apple just making their non-American customers pay for their reduced costs for not having separate CDMA and GSM versions.

Otherwise pretty good update. Apple now has three price points covered with different iPhones models. Gonna be good for their marketshare.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
anyone here how much it is unlocked so we can compare to n9 price? I did not and also hard to google

edit:found some sites saying FROM $649 unlocked, abviously starting with the 16gb version. I imagine 64gb model is in $900 range

Last edited by quipper8; 2011-10-04 at 21:03.

Tags
applecare++, ip4++, yawn++