Hi, since last weekend I have the problem with gmail "message not available on the server".
I think it is not a problem related to n900 because I have not made any change for some months. On the contrary google changed many things (for example the interface).
My request is the following: if someone, who knows how to solve this problem, could explain the solution in an EASY WAY, I would be grateful.
Thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to Patroclo For This Useful Post:
"message not available on the server" hmmmm. I've tried everything. Nothing works. How is any way to arrive emails from gmail?
Thank you. If someone can find a solution, get a beer.

The Following User Says Thank You to Antek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
You need an updated version of Modest. It is currently in CSSU Testing, fixed in 8.2 http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1274

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceskateclog For This Useful Post:
Yes, today's cssu update fixed it for me. Thank you Maemo community! You're truly one of kind!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deanrc For This Useful Post:
Thanks Big thanks to the maemo community! beer for everyone!

The Following User Says Thank You to Antek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@freemangordon
Would you mind to post your personal donation link here (paypal or whatever), so everybody using your efforts is able/will do spend you a beer (or similar )! I think this is the least we can do to say thanks.
Well, I think it will be better to donate those money to Maemo Community (whatever that means these days ). Or to support mine and the others efforts by other means - wiki edits, testing, bug reports, administration, etc. Luckily I earn enough money in RL, so I can afford to contribute for free. If that changes I'll make you aware

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by iceskateclog View Post
You need an updated version of Modest. It is currently in CSSU Testing, fixed in 8.2 http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1274
Actually I am not using CSSU. Should I install it? And have I to uninstall Linux kernel for power users first? Or have I to reflash?

The Following User Says Thank You to Patroclo For This Useful Post:
Do it like it says in that link. It helped me a lot.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Fixed the same issue for me with CSSU/Stable (6.1). Also made it much faster than old Nokia PR1.3 so look forward to that if you upgrade! For some reason it was behaving as though it had the old notifier-id build-up bug from previous Nokia PR releases (though it didn't, no ids listed in that file); entering an inbox previously made it take up to a minute (usually 5-40seconds depending when was last refreshed/viewed/other unguessable factors) to show the list of emails, for ALL accounts (not just gmail, but that's my main account and it was worst affected). Hadn't reinstalled email accounts for a long time.

But upgrading to stable from PR1.3.1 also broke my (builtin) alarm sounds (I had profilesX installed before), theme desktop background, and my old sms/IM conversations disappeared - am gonna try to restore from the last backup for conversations - strongly recommend making backup before you do an upgrade! (though my n900 PR1.3 was a bit broken before, just not in those ways).

Last edited by jgbreezer; 2013-06-19 at 17:22. Reason: more specific version info/improvements and breakages

The Following User Says Thank You to jgbreezer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Okay, here my 'contribution' for all those fellows out there still on stock PR and gmail problem.
Do not try to install the CSSU deb packages, as this might lead to a broken dependency problem on your device.

I made me a workaround (Not really clean and nice, but working. And hey, who expects another update from N...a?). I extracted all the libs from the debs and copied them directly to /usr/lib by overwriting existing ones. This way I have working modest in stock PR1.3.

I attach here two (due to max. upload size) tar.gz files.
Close modest and "install" with
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /
tar xvzf path/to/downloaded/libtinymail-tiny.tar.gz
tar xvzf path/to/downloaded/libtinymail-camel.tar.gz
killall modest
Restart modest and enjoy.

All credits to freemangordon.

--BIG EDIT
Do not use the here attached version of libraries but use the tar.gz files from here. They also include the fix for enabling TLS (thx to foobar).
Attached Files
File Type: gz libtinymail-camel.tar.gz (479.1 KB, 468 views)
File Type: gz libtinymail-tiny.tar.gz (181.2 KB, 426 views)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2016-08-09 at 20:43. Reason: added link

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
modest, nokia n900