Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hey all,

Someone should REALLY open Nokia's eyes on this thing.. Since they say that future Maemo devices (for Maemo 6) they're going to use capacitive screens.. they should REALLY use this: http://getac.com/news/edm/multi-touch.html instead of capacitive screen.. Because that is A MUCH SMARTER move if they put those RESISTIVE MULTITOUCH screens instead of ANY capacitive screen.. because they will not leave the asian market out. and the north (cold) countries out of the picture.. Like you can use gloves with those screens.. and don't forget about the presicion that resistive screens have that's A LOT better than any capacitive screen..

Nokia should really pay attention to this.. This type of screen is ideal for the new Maemo 6 products..

Am I right or wrong people?

Here's more about those screens from engadget.com

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/08/g...ds-doesnt-kno/

Or this.. http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/19/s...face-on-video/

except even with a multi touch capable resistive screen, the screens would most likely still be less responsive than a capacitive screen, which means a lot of typos when using onscreen keyboard

Originally Posted by bigr3dd0g View Post
except even with a multi touch capable resistive screen, the screens would most likely still be less responsive than a capacitive screen, which means a lot of typos when using onscreen keyboard
Less accurate capacitive will result in much more typos than more accurate resistive if u just press down instead blowing dust away. You can also draw fine lines with a stylus.. why not have screen which is hybrid, so people can decide what they want on fly

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
I'll stick to resistive since I have big hands and fingers so a stylus or my fingernail work well

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Unless you use handwriting recognition or sketch on a daily basis on your device, using just the tips of your fingers to manipulate the UI is much faster and more natural than having to take out a thin stylus everytime you need to do something with the device.

I'm guessing this the reason that slate-style smartphones are the most popular form factor nowadays.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Yes, but this will do the same with fingers.. and on top of that.. it has multitouch.. and also don't forget that you can use the screen with virtually everything.. not just fingers.. so if it's really cold outside you can use gloves.. etc... And if you have read the articles.. it says that it's extremely responsive and again with multitouch.. Also look at the video that I posted.. that lookes pretty good! (and the video is old now; since february I believe)..

Last edited by bandora; 2009-10-12 at 19:04.