Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
All you have done in real terms is make everyone reading your posts just how selfish and nasty YOU can be, you wont last long as a mod if you carry on like this but there again your using your lifes knowledge and wasting it on this very community your so deeply involed with.
Maybe you will see yourself one day because for sure everyone else is by reading your posts and all your very very obvious mates on this thread with you right now, THATS not slander or threatning talk its the truth as everyone will see it.
You still aren't going to comment on what KapCaveman said?

Ok fine then...I'll change topic.

ANybody see THIS this morning.
Why isn't it maemo compatible? ::angryface::

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I've heard it now makes a GREAT coffee

Cannot confirm myself though.
Man i could really go a coffee right about now!! Now the dilema should i update to get my coffee or get up and make one.....

Yes ok we ALL get the message so very VERY load and clear YOU LOT will never agree with anyone elses opinions and god help them if anyone crosses this group you all say. DO NOT USE UNOFFICAL FIRMWARE it is simply not allowed by this community.
Guess what... i dont give a toss because it works for me thats all i need to know, NOW i am sounding as selfish as you lot !.
When I finished wading through all your posts your main complaint seems to be that the N900 is TOO open.

The openness of the device is something that is the main selling point, which leads me to the question:

Why the hell did you buy one?

It's like someone buying a super car and then complaining it's too fast and dangerous in the wrong hands.

If you wanted something closed but based on linux get android, if you want something where every app is written to set rules, tested by a corporation and approved before release get an iphone.

There are procedure in place to make sure apps are tested before they hit the Extras repo. Anyone installing from Testing or Devel should know that there may be problems and warning are clearly posted.

Yes it's true that is someone is determined enough they might be able to get something malicious into Extras, but I'd say the chances are slim and you run the risk of that on any Operating System that allows you to download and install something from the internet (including an iphone if you jail break it).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SirMuttley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
This entire thread is one gigantic facepalm.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Ok, Seriously? Do you realize that of all the discussions going on here - all you do is single out the sarcastic comments of Texrat and call him an argumentative and selfish jerk.

Yet - you appear to be harassing him by ignoring pretty much anybody else and just focusing solely on him.

It's quite obvious Tex got tired a while ago of trying to actually talk with you and is now just being flippant.

I have realized that it's about time I do the same; as apparently you aren't reading anything I say anyway and just choose to add to the negativity.
Sorry to say this but you need to practise what you preach old boy because you always seem to think your never in the wrong and besides i gave up listening to you for that very reason.
Consider the fact that you can be right some of the time but never all of the time but there again your ego is being driven by all your mates on this thread, as for laughingstock... say no more aye lmao.
Texy and me have no choice we agree to disagree. No hard feelings aye.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Like everyone else, I'm using the leaked PR1.2 right now. I'm happy with it, my N900 seems to be faster now. I took 3 test videos yesterday, all 3 available resolutions, and the quality is - as far as I can see - worst than with the prev. firmware. I hope the video will be smooth in the official update.

Sorry to say this but you need to practise what you preach old boy because you always seem to think your never in the wrong and besides i gave up listening to you for that very reason.
Consider the fact that you can be right some of the time but never all of the time but there again your ego is being driven by all your mates on this thread, as for laughingstock... say no more aye lmao.
Texy and me have no choice we agree to disagree. No hard feelings aye.
Well.. at least you helped prove the point that the only way anyone can get any attention from you is by being negative.

And on that note.. I'm done. Again.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by SirMuttley View Post
Yes it's true that is someone is determined enough they might be able to get something malicious into Extras, but I'd say the chances are slim and you run the risk of that on any Operating System that allows you to download and install something from the internet (including an iphone if you jail break it).
I wouldn't call it slim if someone is sneaky enough to put something malicious to activate on a timer. There's a risk on any phone, but Android has a permissions system in place that's far better than anything else. Hopefully something similar is added to Maemo/Meego in the future.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by SirMuttley View Post
When I finished wading through all your posts your main complaint seems to be that the N900 is TOO open.

The openness of the device is something that is the main selling point, which leads me to the question:

Why the hell did you buy one?

It's like someone buying a super car and then complaining it's too fast and dangerous in the wrong hands.

If you wanted something closed but based on linux get android, if you want something where every app is written to set rules, tested by a corporation and approved before release get an iphone.

There are procedure in place to make sure apps are tested before they hit the Extras repo. Anyone installing from Testing or Devel should know that there may be problems and warning are clearly posted.

It is not me having probs with my N900 its everyone else so it seems as mine is working great especially after flashing the China firmware, its the best its ever been but no one on this thread will agree using China's firmware THATS why all the stoopid arguments going on and its just never ending.

I wonder if all this pr1.2 business is a test by Nokia... Like, the few people who survive the arguments and flames can have the real update Nokia is just waiting for us to kill each other hehehe

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality