Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
It's a shame Mugen can't get it on with Powermat and release a larger capacity battery that can be charged inductively without wires... that would be icing on the cake.

Though they can't make it too big - increase the back to be flush with the camera (stopping the wobble at the same time!) but no more. And drop the highly reflective chrome trim, which is a big mistake by Nokia (you'd think the largest camera manufacturer in the world would have identified such mistakes by now).

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Would this Mugen battery for n900 offer twice the power storage of the original battery? As much as I would love a better battery, the larger size of the battery is a real problem...

Originally Posted by gohan2091 View Post
Would this Mugen battery for n900 offer twice the power storage of the original battery? As much as I would love a better battery, the larger size of the battery is a real problem...
If Mugen follows suit with Seidio extended batteries, there is usually a 1:1 correlation between battery size, mAh rating, and operating time. My Seidio for my Motorola Q is 2x as thick, has 2x the mAh (2100), and lasts 2x as long (4-5 days).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colnago For This Useful Post:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thinh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by thinh View Post
it's out!!!

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...ery-door.html#
Well, almost out. It's obviously not far enough out for them to have actually got one they can take a photo of though, so I'll be waiting until I can see what it really looks like.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by thinh View Post
it's out!!!

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...ery-door.html#
Wow. That does not look usable at all if you even consider putting your N900 in a normal pocket any time.

NO thanks!

Reasons:
#1. Looks uGLY as hell.
#2. $87.95?? Wow...what exploitation. Not worth it.

I am not going to give you ALMOST $100 for this bull crap!! This crap is not even worth $40 imo.

if they can give a bag with it.....

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
That is surely not nice. I really would prefer a normally sized Battery which really HAS a little more, maybe 1500 mah. THis one is way to big for me plus too expensive. Sorry

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Right.

I think I`ll wait for the official photo and possibly some reviews but I`m affraid I`ll end up with a normal spare battery anyway. $80 ish is just too much and that is actually a special discounted price for people who preorder if I`m not mistaken?