Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
O.K., does that apply to Maemo 4?
I'm not sure what you mean. PR1.2 is the next version of Maemo 5 itself. It has nothing to do with Maemo 4 (and nothing to do with Opera, really).

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
GPE file manger does that.
yes and no. It can not show .hidden files and dirs. And at least the version on the n800 have a bothersome bug in columns view when encountering long names. Also, it mixes dirs and files when viewing without the dir tree visible.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
O.K., does that apply to Maemo 4?
It doesn't.

He was addressing the multitude of N900 owners that had gotten the release PR1.2 update for the N900 and couldn't install Opera 10 due to the lack of proper distribution information in the Application Manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Today we pushed a new build of Opera Mobile 10 alpha to the extras-devel repository. We expect it to get promoted to extras-testing soon, and if noone finds any new problems there, we will push it into our own repository. It will take at least 10 days before it reaches extras.

Regular users should wait until our repository and/or the extras repository is updated. Developers and testers, please submit bug reports. We are especially interested in regressions between this build and the previous release.

A short changelog for this build:
  • Fix crash after screen rotation.
  • Fix crash in CSS transitions.
  • Add support for 15 languages (Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (UK), English (USA), Finnish, French, French (Canada), German, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish)
  • Support Cyrillic hardware keyboard. Use ctrl+space to change which keyboard to use. There is no virtual keyboard support for Cyrillic yet.
  • Fixed empty tab when opening links from external applications.
  • Respect OPERA_HOME and OPERA_DIR environment variables.
  • Use connection specific proxy settings.

Thank you for all your kind support and your bug reports!

The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to ahockersten For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 620 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Netherlands
I added ohrn as maintainer for the package, so he should be able to push this package to testing for fremantle and Extras for diablo.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to X-Fade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Great work fixing Cyrillic keyboard. Thank you, guys. I never hoped to see Opera on my N900 after I left WM.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Support Cyrillic hardware keyboard. Use ctrl+space to change which keyboard to use. There is no virtual keyboard support for Cyrillic yet.
Nice! Thanks! Can you change combo to chr+ctrl because it is a common method to change layout in Maemo (Diablo at least)? I always forget how to change the layout...
And ctrl+a and other combos doesn't work...

Thanks for your work!

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Dam sucks thats theres no flash support for it not worth me using. good work so far tho.

Thanks a bunch bro !!1

Its freaking awesome !! the interface is an eyecandy !

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Not sure if its been posted before. But would you please allow the option to open links in a new background tab, or if there's already an option and I missed it, can you please direct me to it.

Thanks for this awesome browser btw

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:

Tags
fast browser, opera