Active Topics

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
I vote for stalins-katiusha ringtone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I would leave out Gallery
Having the Camera and Gallery applications merged would be a step forward at least. There is so much duplicated functionality, for people who don't put any other pictures or videos on their phone except those they take with the camera there's essentially no difference between the two applications.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I'm pretty sure Gallery and Camera use the same QtQuick components, so they are essentially one application already.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I thought Camera uses Gallery. That's why Gallery cannot be uninstalled. Which is a bummer, I really want it off. Along with tracker.

But sorry, this is waaaay too OT. Back to Russian backdoors

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Minor continuation of the offtopicness - but you've presumably tried monkeying around with /usr/share/applications/jolla-gallery.desktop?

(or even overriding it in ~/.local/share/applications... normally works, though I haven't tried it on my Jolla)

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3008908

use google translate
" Its price is € 169. Oysters spokesman Mikhail Turks confirmed "Kommersant" that a couple of months ago the company began to "close cooperation" with weapons of mass destruction and now is going to release a smartphone developed their mobile OS version."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Well, that's assuaged the fears I had...

[about machine translation damaging the jobs market, if nothing else. Reminds me of the (probably apocryphal) story of an English <> Russian translation program given the phrase "Out of sight, out of mind" as a test. It translated it into Russian, then back into English as "Blind and mad".]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
relax, global sailfishos will not receive any russian services and stuff. russian contribution to sailfishos is just for common bugfixes and improvements. russian services will be only preinstalled to phones on russian markets.
That is definitely a good news. It gives Sailfish development needed recources. And I am planning on buying Intex or other brand Sailfish phone in autumn on a visit to Russia.

I apology for my contrymen trolling here against russia. They are mostly first class idiots and not represent me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reilu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I wonder why Putin never showed any kind of interest in the information that Snowden offered him.

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post: