Active Topics

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
I don't understand touch screens on devices like this, and the Raon Everun Digital Note. You can't really use it like a tablet ... and on a 5" 1024x600 screen, your fingers are going to be WAY too fat to be accurate. Seems to me that it'd make more sense to just stick with the optical mouse pointer.
But maybe I'm wrong.
It made a lot of sense on the Zaurii, which had a swiveling screen for tablet mode, and a stylus. Remains to be seen on this one however, as details are still scarce.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
It made a lot of sense on the Zaurii, which had a swiveling screen for tablet mode, and a stylus. Remains to be seen on this one however, as details are still scarce.
Yeah, if there's a tablet mode, either via a slide-out keyboard like the N810, or a convertible-tablet/swivel screen mode like what you're talking about, then a touch screen makes a lot of sense to me. But on a conventional clamshell? doesn't.

Well, quite a number of modders have added touchscreen capability to regular netbooks (Samsung NC10 etc.), and others are now even being made that way... also nettops... so for some people at least it does seem to make some kind of sense...

Uh.... those appear to be USB Cameras, not USB Video-Out (on the supported devices list).
DId you intend to reference a different site?
Yeah sorry, DisplayLink was what I meant.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
This looks like a nice device, if it has some way to rotate the screen into tablet mode it would be pretty perfect.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Without the huge bezel it could be a nice pocketable device. It's a pity it isn't.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Manitoba, Canada
I was *so* close to buying a Zaurus at the time, and each model got better and better. Were any of them wireless? I can remember being concerned about that at the time. I waited, and then the N770 showed up -- again, I waited. Finally, the N800 appeared and I 'pulled the trigger'

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by luca View Post
Without the huge bezel it could be a nice pocketable device. It's a pity it isn't.
My sentiment exactly.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by darethehair View Post
I was *so* close to buying a Zaurus at the time, and each model got better and better. Were any of them wireless? I can remember being concerned about that at the time. I waited, and then the N770 showed up -- again, I waited. Finally, the N800 appeared and I 'pulled the trigger'
I waited more and then the n810 came out.

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
While we ponder if there will be a "real" tablet after the N900 phone, and/or a Maemo/Moblin netbook after the Booklet, a forgotten pioneer tries a comeback :
Six rows of keys rather than three? Where'd they find all those extra letters?

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29