Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
@Watchmaker

The quick battery drain may be related to aliendalvik service if you have android compatibilty installed.

Type the folowing command in terminal to stop it:

systemctl stop aliendalvik.service

To restart it, just load an android app.
Mmmmh, I didn't think of that because a) yes, I have dalvik installed but b) the drain happened also when I didn't have been using it for a while. But thanks for the advice, anyway. I'll try that next time, and report back in case of success.

Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
I did not experience such a drain with any build of Mitakuuluu. In fact, with or without this app, the idle battery consumption is very low : about 2 - 4 percentage points during the night.

I would say it's quite impressive, Wazzap for the N9 was not so efficient.
Beside showing the quality of Mitakuuluu, I think theses good results show mainly the quality of Sailfish: very efficient power management and sane way to connect to the internet.
That is my experience too, and my thoughts about both Mitakuuluu and Sailfish. That's why this drain seems strange to me and I wanted to find out the cause, if nothing fancy happens I'd say Jolla battery life, with Mitakuuluu 24/7 on, is great. For me, two full days without recharge, easy, and with some browsing/chatting/calling/texting/playing in the middle.

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2014-01-24 at 17:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
The quick battery drain may be related to aliendalvik service if you have android compatibilty installed.
I don't think so.
I had the alien dalvik service active on my Jolla (and also a couple of Android apps installed) and in a test I ran at end of the last year the battery lasted 9 days with the phone in a semi-idle state.

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
9 days with the phone in a semi-idle state.
What is a semi-idle state?

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
What is a semi-idle state?
What I mean that I did not actively use the phone and no apps were running, but it was connected to 3G network and to WLAN all the time, it was set to poll for emails/twitter/etc. once a day, and I was peeking the screen (or briefly ssh to the device via WLAN) perhaps 2-3 times a day to check the situation.
A bit more realistic test IMHO where at least the device is reachable, rather than a pure idle test where you go into a 'flight mode' condition but what for? If the phone cannot communicate and you want to save battery you'd just power it off

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
It is rather surprising how much power the NFC sub-system uses.
I really do need a spare TOH to cut a slot in for an extension cable to move the batter out of the case so that proper current and voltage readings can be loged

Richard

Originally Posted by richardski View Post
It is rather surprising how much power the NFC sub-system uses.
I really do need a spare TOH to cut a slot in for an extension cable to move the batter out of the case so that proper current and voltage readings can be loged

Richard
Well, i'm suspecting that this is not the real NFC consumption.. probably this bug is making NFC to drain power in some strange way, 'cause NFC as far as i know, consumpion have to be around 10 or 20mA itself

firmware 1.0.3.8 fixes the bug!

The Following User Says Thank You to fip For This Useful Post:
yes, i can confirm, that the nfc is working with update 1.0.3.8 as it should.
Battery level stays the same over night(8 hours) in plane mode.
Nice

does anyone know how to get battery statistics from terminal? wouldn't be difficult to hack a script to capture battery usage stats in a log file for later analysis.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
I lose 25% of the battery over night (8h) in flight mode and zero apps open. I have the Naamankajärvi version of Sailfish. Any tips?