Notices

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by soikka View Post
Hi,
had problems with play stopping after 10s or so, when the cutespotify was running in the background. Tried to uninstall and wipe cache following your instructions above.... seemed to have wiped a bit more than necessary!!! First I noticed that all the Android software was gone. Basically nothing worked. Luckily I was able to open the settings and return the phone to factory settings..and took a backup yesterday. Local back-ups were also wiped. If I turned the phone off there might have been difficulties to get it back up as some of the main parts of the sw was gone.

Why this happened?
Sorry about that, my best two guesses would be either that you'd manually modified the dataPath in the config file? Or you were using an older version of CuteSpotify that isn't compatible with some of the changes made in Sailfish 1.0.3.8 that cause it not to load its settings properly. I'll add some extra checks in the next version to make sure the dataPath looks vaguely sane before clearing it, but that won't help anyone who's still using out of date versions.

Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
Sorry about that, my best two guesses would be either that you'd manually modified the dataPath in the config file? Or you were using an older version of CuteSpotify that isn't compatible with some of the changes made in Sailfish 1.0.3.8 that cause it not to load its settings properly. I'll add some extra checks in the next version to make sure the dataPath looks vaguely sane before clearing it, but that won't help anyone who's still using out of date versions.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

It was the latest version (from the 2nd of February). And I'm pretty sure there was no previous versions even installed at any point.
And I haven't touched any config files (don't even know where those were located).

What I noticed was, that this folder did not exist at all "~/.local/share/harbour-cutespotify". And when I did the cache clearing I had terminal open with devel-su command typed in (can this have an affect)?

Even the SD-card was wiped clean, there was only two of my music folders in folder called Root (which I'm pretty sure wasn't there before).
Managed to recover the sd-cards information with a recovery SW.

So my guess is that somehow the installation directory is set wrong during the installation and during the wipe it managed to clear some directory that has information related to all the apps?
I installed the SW with jolla store (after I download the installation file and the store is open it gives you this option) or with file browser.

After the cache clearing I was only able to open the settings app, which was also open in the background. Even the 3G and WLAN didn't work anymore and all the android app icons were gone from the app list.

Hope you'll be able to spot what might have caused this, so I can have courage to use Cutespotify again.

BTW. The 10s stopping problem was caused most likely by my wife using my account somewhere else (could you add warning for that in the future?).

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Glitch:
When you play a music, for example: from the Starred list, go back to the "main menu" (to show all play lists) and go back to the starred playlist.
The music that is playing, is suddenly Black instead of green

and also: I still encounter cutting the last 3 secs of a song...

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by soikka View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

It was the latest version (from the 2nd of February). And I'm pretty sure there was no previous versions even installed at any point.
And I haven't touched any config files (don't even know where those were located).

What I noticed was, that this folder did not exist at all "~/.local/share/harbour-cutespotify". And when I did the cache clearing I had terminal open with devel-su command typed in (can this have an affect)?

Even the SD-card was wiped clean, there was only two of my music folders in folder called Root (which I'm pretty sure wasn't there before).
Managed to recover the sd-cards information with a recovery SW.

So my guess is that somehow the installation directory is set wrong during the installation and during the wipe it managed to clear some directory that has information related to all the apps?
I installed the SW with jolla store (after I download the installation file and the store is open it gives you this option) or with file browser.

After the cache clearing I was only able to open the settings app, which was also open in the background. Even the 3G and WLAN didn't work anymore and all the android app icons were gone from the app list.

Hope you'll be able to spot what might have caused this, so I can have courage to use Cutespotify again.

BTW. The 10s stopping problem was caused most likely by my wife using my account somewhere else (could you add warning for that in the future?).
Not entirely sure what could have caused this then, but I've added some simple checks to make sure it only performs the cache clearing if the directory it gets from the config looks like a valid CuteSpotify path, until the next release I'd recommend that people don't use the "clear cache" option to be on the safe side. I'll try to find time for a new release at the weekend.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
Hi all,

Been using CuteSpotify for a while now, but is it possible to add songs to playlists from inside the app?

Holding the song won't give me adrop down menu.

The Following User Says Thank You to BonoNL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BonoNL View Post
Hi all,

Been using CuteSpotify for a while now, but is it possible to add songs to playlists from inside the app?

Holding the song won't give me adrop down menu.
Its not possible (yet). Hopefully later.

The Following User Says Thank You to t0mps0 For This Useful Post:
would love to see this feature !

already a very nice spotify client btw !

got 2 questions also :

is version provided on 1st page the same one as the one available using openrepos ?
what's the behaviour of "sync mode" ? I mean, will cutespotify use the downloaded file if I'm online ? or will it always play streamed music except when data connecrion is disabled ?

edit : 1st question solved, same version on link and openrepos

Last edited by clovis86; 2014-03-14 at 05:44.

the only problem i have with cutespotify is when I have my headphone on and when I get a notification the music leaks from the speakers...

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
It seems like after ohijärvi update cutespotify will no loger crash in case bluetooth connection will drop. It just pauses playback. This is nice. But it will be much better if playback will continue as soon as bluetooth connection is re-established.

Also I have noted that sometimes when internet connection has dropped for couple of seconds (example when swtich between 3g/wlan) cutespotify will either pause or get stuck on login screen. It should continue playback on that case too.

Thanks for a great application. Hopefully you get time to make it even more awesome

After update 4, CuteSpotify just briefly opens, then crashes.

Tags
meespot, qt5 wayland, sailfish, spotify, ubuntu touch