Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Edited the commands above, this should work with qwertz Prošs now, else please let me know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
copied from the lxc instructions:
Code:
It is possible to check if your kernel support containers with:
ls -lha /dev/pts/
LXC enabled devices should see a /dev/pts/ptmx entry.
On Jolla 1, memory might be a little few.
So if this is my output:

Code:
ls -lha /dev/pts/total 0drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root           0 Dec 31  1969 .drwxr-xr-x   21 root     root        7.1K Aug  6 13:30 ..crw-------    1 nemo     tty       136,   0 Aug  614:59 0
... then that's a 'no' for me, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
So if this is my output:

... then that's a 'no' for me, right?
I think so. The output of 'ls -lha /dev/pts/' should be like this (the important bit is the ptmx line):
Code:
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root           0 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x   22 root     root        6.7K Aug  6 13:48 ..
crw--w----    1 nemo     tty       136,   0 Aug  7 00:24 0
crw--w----    1 root     tty       136,   1 Aug  6 20:49 1
c---------    1 root     root        5,   2 Jan  1  1970 ptmx
However, if you can compile the kernel (or ask somebody who can do it for you), you can add the missing bits and bobs (details are in the first post).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Kabouik, illyria
I have a few questions:

1. I can manually attach the container, then when I am in, I can start a command.
Is there a way that by a command-line script attaches the container, then automatically runs a command once the container is attached?

2. Sound 1. How can I get the sound working in the container?

3. Sound 2. If the container is attached the sound on the host is muted. And it remains muted even if the container stops. I need to reboot the phone to get the sound back. (Probably there is another way for this, but this solution was the quickest one for me.)

4. I have managed to move the Onboard so right to the screen that I cannot grab and move a bit to the left. Is there a way to change the position/size of the Onboard in a configuration file or something?

Edit:
On 1. I can answer to myself.
Code:
lxc-attach -n container -- /path/to/command/to/run
This way, now I can start the container, launch the qxdisplay, attach the container and start the desktop in it with one single command. Cool.

Last edited by edp17; 2020-08-07 at 00:14.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
You should be able to do all that from the GUI too at some point, even though it doesn't work on your phone yet (works well on Proš)!

2. Sound works out of the box for me. Maybe I needed to install pactl/pavucontrol, I don't remember. Then the sound from some applications can be adjusted with the hardware volume rocker, while some others' sound is unaffected and can only be affected in pavucontrol. I cannot firmly confirm yet if it actually works this way in some apps and not the others, or this was the whole session that responded to the volume rocker some times and not others.

3. I never observed that, but don't attach often. I need to test if I can reproduce this.

4. You can export your Onboard settings using the dconf-cli package to run:

Code:
dconf dump /org/onboard/ > onboard.conf
Find the coordinates setting and fix it in a text editor, and then re-import the modified settings with:

Code:
dconf load /org/onboard/ < onboard.conf

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I think so. The output of 'ls -lha /dev/pts/' should be like this (the important bit is the ptmx line):
Code:
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root           0 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x   22 root     root        6.7K Aug  6 13:48 ..
crw--w----    1 nemo     tty       136,   0 Aug  7 00:24 0
crw--w----    1 root     tty       136,   1 Aug  6 20:49 1
c---------    1 root     root        5,   2 Jan  1  1970 ptmx
However, if you can compile the kernel (or ask somebody who can do it for you), you can add the missing bits and bobs (details are in the first post).
So, I zcat'ed all of the config flags in the first post, and they all return 'y', except the one about ...MULTI_INSTANCES, which returns 'not set'. Is there any way to set that to 'y' without recompiling kernel?

BTW - I did notice that I have ptmx file in /dev, but /dev/pts/ directory is empty...

Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
So, I zcat'ed all of the config flags in the first post, and they all return 'y', except the one about ...MULTI_INSTANCES, which returns 'not set'. Is there any way to set that to 'y' without recompiling kernel?

BTW - I did notice that I have ptmx file in /dev, but /dev/pts/ directory is empty...
Actually setting that flag, changes many things (or maybe only one thing) in the compiled kernel. Therefore, I am sorry for saying that but if you would like to utilize all those features in the kernel, you need to recompile.

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
4. You can export your Onboard settings using the dconf-cli package to run:

Code:
dconf dump /org/onboard/ > onboard.conf
With this command I get an empty file.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Can I somehow use the camera in the e.g. firefox within the container desktop? If so, how?

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
Actually setting that flag, changes many things (or maybe only one thing) in the compiled kernel. Therefore, I am sorry for saying that but if you would like to utilize all those features in the kernel, you need to recompile.
Ok, well I might give it a try... I've done minor ramdisk mode before with unpackbootimg, etc., but I imagine that to change config would require having kernel source and compiling from there, no? Any other way?

Thanks

Tags
application, development, linux