Notices

I've been working on this, it's not feature rich just yet and isn't amazing, but I plan to develop it further.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/n900notifier/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scottuss For This Useful Post:
Fantastic! Thank you!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by scottuss View Post
I've been working on this, it's not feature rich just yet and isn't amazing, but I plan to develop it further.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/n900notifier/
Great, thanks for this. I assume it'll work under OS X as well later on? Oh and if anyone wouldn't mind, would someone fix the tags on this thread? Some smart*ss put those in there and I can't remove them.

I was just reading about the andriod notifier yesterday, so its great to hear we could get the same for the N900

Originally Posted by rantom View Post
Great, thanks for this. I assume it'll work under OS X as well later on? Oh and if anyone wouldn't mind, would someone fix the tags on this thread? Some smart*ss put those in there and I can't remove them.
I'll get it ready for OS X sometime over this weekend. I'll probably do notifications via Growl, that would make sense I guess?

The Following User Says Thank You to scottuss For This Useful Post:
Just in case anyone wants to know how to get this working:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/n900.../topic/3918994

There will (eventually) be a nice GUI for both the client and server. There will also be packages for all major operating systems.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottuss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scottuss View Post
I'll get it ready for OS X sometime over this weekend. I'll probably do notifications via Growl, that would make sense I guess?
Yeah, that way it could also work in Windows (I think it has Growl support).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Yeah, that way it could also work in Windows (I think it has Growl support).
I'm not sure how it should work on Windows yet, perhaps a native "balloon notification" would be best. However, I'll play around with Growl and see what I can do (I don't use Windows so I'll possibly be looking to the community for supporting / developing the Windows part of it)

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
@scottuss
Why did you not comply with AndroidNotifier desktop part ?
This way you would have spare yourself some work and everybody could use the different desktop softwares available

Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
@scottuss
Why did you not comply with AndroidNotifier desktop part ?
This way you would have spare yourself some work and everybody could use the different desktop softwares available
This is a hobby project for me, so I wanted to write each part myself. I'm going to take a look at the desktop part of AndroidNotifier to see if it is of any interest, and although I don't want to re-invent the wheel, I feel starting from scratch will ensure only features that I want in there will be.

We shall see

Edit: Also, the Android desktop stuff is in Java, I prefer Python!

Last edited by scottuss; 2010-10-29 at 15:42. Reason: Added more