Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Markkyboy's Avatar
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Planet Thanet
#1
Hey all,

I'm trying to find the file/files responsible for the blurred background effect used on the Settings menu.

I'd like to use that effect on the app drawer/launcher. My attempts to create the same blurred background have not worked.

Having searched high and low in '/usr/share/jolla-settings/' and then in '/usr/lib/qt5/qml/com/jolla/settings', I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I also did a search for the texture file, but none of the files I found were related to the Settings menu.

Any clues/hints appreciated,
__________________
moderator@openrepos
___________________

T.J.C.

Omelettes - You can't make one without breaking an egg.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,202 | Thanked: 10,250 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
#2
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Hey all,

I'm trying to find the file/files responsible for the blurred background effect used on the Settings menu.

I'd like to use that effect on the app drawer/launcher. My attempts to create the same blurred background have not worked.

Having searched high and low in '/usr/share/jolla-settings/' and then in '/usr/lib/qt5/qml/com/jolla/settings', I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I also did a search for the texture file, but none of the files I found were related to the Settings menu.

Any clues/hints appreciated,
I don't think it is "a file", it's rather lipstick rendering the background with a blur filter.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Markkyboy's Avatar
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Planet Thanet
#3
juiceme

I think you're right......which is why I cannot find what I'm looking for, as I've not solely looked at the 'background'. I'm now thinking one of the files (only 6 of) that contain the texture (graphic-shader-texture) that is also present on the Settings menu 'background' is where I may find what I need.....thanks for the hint!

Regards,
__________________
moderator@openrepos
___________________

T.J.C.

Omelettes - You can't make one without breaking an egg.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2014
#4
Some years back someone built a Sailfish theme for Nokia N9 and he had documented how to create that blur effect. IIRC, it was a mask that had to be applied over the image (in some image editor? or was it dynamic? do not remember that!) to create the effect. And that was brilliant. I don't remember who, how, when, or where, but just that I have used that theme.

Edit:
Oh was it Ancelad!
https://openrepos.net/content/ancela...heme-harmattan
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91743
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Markkyboy's Avatar
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Planet Thanet
#5
Thanks lal. doesn't really help though. There is no image for the background of Launcher, only a black rectangle.

I've also just tried applying a mask (blur) to the Launcher using QtGraphicalEffects 1.0 but it causes a little bit of lag when flicking the launcher into view, it's a bit 'expensive' to run and says as much in the documentation. I acheived this by placing a random image in place of the black rectangle used on the app drawer/launcher - but I am trying to avoid adding an image, rather, I want do it with the same tools that created the blurry effect on the Settings menu.

I didn't realise it would be this difficult to reproduce the effect......oh well, back to the drawing board!
__________________
moderator@openrepos
___________________

T.J.C.

Omelettes - You can't make one without breaking an egg.

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2018-01-24 at 18:12.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Ancelad's Avatar
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,603 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
#6
Originally Posted by lal View Post
Some years back someone built a Sailfish theme for Nokia N9 and he had documented how to create that blur effect. IIRC, it was a mask that had to be applied over the image (in some image editor? or was it dynamic? do not remember that!) to create the effect. And that was brilliant. I don't remember who, how, when, or where, but just that I have used that theme.

Edit:
Oh was it Ancelad!
https://openrepos.net/content/ancela...heme-harmattan
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91743


@Markkyboy
post screenshot with marked effect
__________________
Twitter: @iAncelad
Try my SailfishOS theme for Nokia N9
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Markkyboy's Avatar
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Planet Thanet
#7
Hey, Ancelad

The effect is the obscured background of the Settings menu....

__________________
moderator@openrepos
___________________

T.J.C.

Omelettes - You can't make one without breaking an egg.

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2018-01-24 at 18:18.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
coderus's Avatar
Posts: 6,078 | Thanked: 11,271 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
#8
what is the "Settings menu"? I'm interested af to help you
__________________
Twitter | Openrepos | GitHub | PayPal.Me
 

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Markkyboy's Avatar
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Planet Thanet
#9
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
what is the "Settings menu"? I'm interested af to help you
Sarcastic bastard
__________________
moderator@openrepos
___________________

T.J.C.

Omelettes - You can't make one without breaking an egg.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
coderus's Avatar
Posts: 6,078 | Thanked: 11,271 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
#10
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Sarcastic bastard
as you wish. this is limited time offer, hurry up!
__________________
Twitter | Openrepos | GitHub | PayPal.Me
 

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:30.