Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
/edit: autobuilder is using debian-squeeze devkit, stock Maemo SDK uses debian-etch. If debian-squeeze is used, such problems occur.

Old post:

Hi,
I lately discovered an optify bug in libicu48. Optify took place after the debs have been created, so it had no effect. I fixed it, but I can't push it to extras. Log: https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre...log.FAILED.txt
It's important for this package to be updated as it takes a lot of rootfs - 20M iirc.
Locally, in my scratchbox it builds perfectly (tried 2 times).
What should I do to build it in the autobuilder?
Thanks

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-07-15 at 14:27.

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I lately discovered an optify bug in libicu48. Optify took place after the debs have been created, so it had no effect. I fixed it, but I can't push it to extras. Log: https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre...log.FAILED.txt
Code:
dh_shlibdeps -plibicu48-dev    
dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libicutu.so.48 needed by debian/libicu48-dev/usr/bin/genbrk (ELF format: 'elf32-littlearm'; RPATH: '').
Note: libraries are not searched in other binary packages that do not have any shlibs or symbols file.
To help dpkg-shlibdeps find private libraries, you might need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Locally, in my scratchbox it builds perfectly (tried 2 times).
Do you perhaps have the previous version of the lib installed in your scratchbox? Try removing that, then maybe you will get the same error.

You may need to add the path to the lib in LDFLAGS or as a parameter to dh_shlibdeps.

The Following User Says Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
marmistrz:

It seems like a problem in autobuilder, SB version there is hathor, while Maemo SDK comes with aphophis (older version)

The former is based on debian-squeeze tha lather - on debian-etch (or vice versa, can't remember exactly which debian is older)

I might look at the issue someday, but for now my recommendation is to upgrade your SB to hathor and fix the package to be compatible with it

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Removed older version of libicu48 and build succeeds.
Is it enough to set the components in sb-menu to
Code:
perl, apt-https, doctools, git, qemu, svn, debian-squeeze
?

/edit: after using these components, I managed to reproduce it. But I have no idea how to fix it, because debian/libicu48.shlibs exists.

Maybe a simple fix would be to take (for example) X-Maemo-Autobuilder-Toolchain from .dsc to set up the build environment correctly?
(if X-Maemo-Autobuilder-Toolchain=debian-etch, use debian-etch, if debian-sqeeze - use debian-squeeze. If not specified - use some default - maybe debian-etch, as it's the maemo-sdk one)

Thanks

Last edited by marmistrz; 2013-11-18 at 08:49.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
If you find a way to fix that, please share , I was struggling with that error while trying to build gecko in hathor.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
If you find a way to fix that, please share , I was struggling with that error while trying to build gecko in hathor.
For me libicu48 builds perfectly with debian-etch and fails with debian-squeeze. Choosing the toolchain for autobuilder would be a fix. (and if both would fail one could try e.g. debian-lenny)