Hello Maemo community!

I tried to checkout wheezy packages from AapoRantalainen in scratchbox, but unfortunetly had some issues with scratchbox itself.
I have set it up as seen on http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...K_Installation but even during installation I saw some errors "No space left on the device" while configuring packages via dpkg. On the second try (dpkg --configure -a), it just worked with no issues, but after adding AapoRantalainen's repositories and doing apt-get dist-upgrade it keeps giving me such errors:

Code:
Preparing to replace libc6-dev 2.5.1-1eglibc27+0m5 (using .../libc6-dev_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libc6-dev ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-dev_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb (--unpack):
 unable to install new version of `./usr/include/rpcsvc/bootparam_prot.x': No space left on device
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Preparing to replace libc6 2.5.1-1eglibc27+0m5 (using .../libc6_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libc6 ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb (--unpack):
 unable to install new version of `./usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Lisbon': No space left on device
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-dev_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb
E: Sub-process dpkg returned an error code (1)
whenever I try apt-get upgrade -f it fails in slightly different manner. but "no space left on device" repeats over and over.
I use 64bit debian wheezy with some packages from testing, scratchbox v1.0.27 (hathor repo). Have set abi.vsyscall32 and
vm.mmap_min_addr to 0.

Anyways, thats my first attempt to cross compilation, so hope youre not gonna it me up if resolution is too trivial. And yes I do have some space on my hard drive (on rootfs where the /scratchbox live is slightly over 22GB space availible).

Last edited by xkx; 2013-11-09 at 18:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to xkx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xkx View Post
Hello Maemo community!

I tried to checkout wheezy packages from AapoRantalainen in scratchbox, but unfortunetly had some issues with scratchbox itself.
I have set it up as seen on http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...K_Installation but even during installation I saw some errors "No space left on the device" while configuring packages via dpkg. On the second try (dpkg --configure -a), it just worked with no issues, but after adding AapoRantalainen's repositories and doing apt-get dist-upgrade it keeps giving me such errors:

Code:
Preparing to replace libc6-dev 2.5.1-1eglibc27+0m5 (using .../libc6-dev_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libc6-dev ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-dev_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb (--unpack):
 unable to install new version of `./usr/include/rpcsvc/bootparam_prot.x': No space left on device
Preparing to replace libc6 2.5.1-1eglibc27+0m5 (using .../libc6_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libc6 ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb (--unpack):
 unable to install new version of `./usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Lisbon': No space left on device
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-dev_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.10.90-maemo1_armel.deb
E: Sub-process dpkg returned an error code (1)
whenever I try apt-get upgrade -f it fails in slightly different manner. but "no space left on device" repeats over and over.
I use 64bit debian wheezy with some packages from testing, scratchbox v1.0.27 (hathor repo). Have set abi.vsyscall32 and
vm.mmap_min_addr to 0.

Anyways, thats my first attempt to cross compilation, so hope youre not gonna it me up if resolution is too trivial. And yes I do have some space on my hard drive (on rootfs where the /scratchbox live is slightly over 22GB space availible).

Output of 'df -h'?

You are saying that rootfs is not full.. that's weird, I had simmilar issue, which was caused by small rootfs.

#lexik

Originally Posted by lexik View Post
Output of 'df -h'?

You are saying that rootfs is not full.. that's weird, I had simmilar issue, which was caused by small rootfs.

#lexik
that's a proof:
Code:
[sbox-FREMANTLE_ARMEL: ~] > df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs                113G   90G   22G  81% /
udev                  113G   90G   22G  81% /dev
tmpfs                 385M  500K  385M   1% /run
/dev/sda3             113G   90G   22G  81% /
tmpfs                 5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs                 2.1G  2.3M  2.1G   1% /run/shm
df: `/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs': No such file or directory
/dev/sda3             113G   90G   22G  81% /scratchbox
/dev/sda3             113G   90G   22G  81% /tmp
/dev/sda3             113G   90G   22G  81% /dev
tmpfs                 385M  500K  385M   1% /run
tmpfs                 2.1G  2.3M  2.1G   1% /run/shm
tmpfs                 5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
df: `/mnt/pub': No such file or directory

Last edited by xkx; 2013-11-09 at 23:05.

well, eventually it turned out to be system wide problem. While I was doing apt-get update of my debian it took exceptionally long to "Read package list", and finally it crashed with well known "no space left on device" . I checked fs with badblocks and btrfscheck, but they didnt report anything wrong. I also checked syslog and kern.log too. And actually.. after rebooting everything seems fine (scratchbox too) but we'll see for how long..

edit:

the problem remain unsolved until i found this:
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index...._lots_of_space. so the solution was to type btrfs fi balance couple of times. yay

Last edited by xkx; 2013-11-10 at 19:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xkx For This Useful Post: