Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Hello guys,

N900 is a superb powerful device, which i like very much.
There are some small things missed, but sooner or later it will be done.

There is a one thing, which for me is not very well done.

When I am trying to find contact from Contacts menu I am using preferably the hardware keyboard. I type name or fragment from it and I find the contact. Then I make a call.
When I close the call onto display still stays the Contacts Search menu. I should close this menu manually, because I will not use it again.

Can closing the Contacts Search menu be configurable - I mean in my case I want when I find the Contact and start call, the Contact Search menu to close automatically? Also this feature, I think, can save a battery - the menu will be open for less time.

Would you please tell me - can it be done, and will be this feature useful for you?

Thank you in advance to all.
Regards.

Anyone????????

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by jorjino View Post
Can closing the Contacts Search menu be configurable - I mean in my case I want when I find the Contact and start call, the Contact Search menu to close automatically? Also this feature, I think, can save a battery - the menu will be open for less time.

Would you please tell me - can it be done, and will be this feature useful for you?
Short answer: No and no.

The contacts application doesn't use much (if at all) battery power when open without interaction.

@robbie,

Thanks for reply.

Regards.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jorjino View Post
Also this feature, I think, can save a battery - the menu will be open for less time.
Actually, the restart of the Contacts app might take more power. Although the OS caches it too, so every way you do it, the result is the same - power is used. Most of the power is spent when the LCD is on, basically if you want to save power, use the device less

http://wiki.maemo.org/Make_your_battery_last_longer

The Following User Says Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post: