Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Thanks for the "how-to" and giving me the confidence to try this:
I also have updated to 3.2.0.12 and seemingly something has changed in the OS.
I tried to apply a few patches (wider keyboard, arrow keyboard, silicamail and some others) but none of them works. (I probably will manually edit the necessary files to get these.)
Plus I use the kimmoli's script for changing the pixel ratio. The script runs and creates the shrank images in /usr/share/themes but after restarting lipstick, it still using the original z2.0 images rather than the shrank z1.82.

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
@edp17

Mayba you could fork the old kernel and source used by the RealJohnGalt for his cm12.1 port.

Kernel would be here: https://github.com/RealJohnGalt/andr...lge_hammerhead

I think you need to register your nick to ask questions on irc.
Thank you! I will try this kernel.

IRC: That was the last step I tried. I (think) registered a user id but did not get any email to confirm. I will try again next time.

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I also have updated to 3.2.0.12 and seemingly something has changed in the OS.
I tried to apply a few patches (wider keyboard, arrow keyboard, silicamail and some others) but none of them works. (I probably will manually edit the necessary files to get these.)
Plus I use the kimmoli's script for changing the pixel ratio. The script runs and creates the shrank images in /usr/share/themes but after restarting lipstick, it still using the original z2.0 images rather than the shrank z1.82.
Oh, and one more thing. Under 3.2.0.12 I cannot install anything from Storeman. Once I added the repo, I have only two options: Reload and Refresh cache.

Edit: if I download the rpm I can install them and they do work (except patches.)

Last edited by edp17; 2019-11-04 at 09:07. Reason: extra info

@mautz
Can I ask two questions, please? (Both are related to this CM13 topic however found them in the other CM12.1 topic)

1. You mentioned were trying to make SFDroid work on CM13 base (here), but I have not seen any follow up info on that. Have you abandoned that idea? How far did you get with that?

2. Bt sleep monitor (by minimec). I have seen in this post that this service might be part of the OS by default. Plus I have seen the bt-sleep-monitor.service has came with the last update (3.2.0.12) but when I started, it didn't do what I expected. However when I run the original solution from minimec from this post, it worked. Is it a bug or the enhanced script never worked? (Or maybe it is just me?)

Thank you.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
@edp17

Getting SFDroid too work was too complicated for me and SFDroid was sadly never fully usable, many things didn't work.

What is wrong with the bt scripts?

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
@edp17

Getting SFDroid too work was too complicated for me and SFDroid was sadly never fully usable, many things didn't work.

What is wrong with the bt scripts?
Thank you. I expected that answer on the SFDroid but I hoped it could work.

About the bt script:
I found that topic and checked my systems with 'mcetools --get-suspend-stats'. As the result was 0 in all Sailfish roms I downloaded minimec's first script. I have seen it requires a kernel that supports that but thanks for you it is already there!
The script worked and works fine even with the latest update 3.2.0.12.
Then I found minimec's enhanced script that uses only one dbus listener or something and saw his conversation with you about baking the script into the OS.
Then I did a 'locate bt-sleep-monitor' on my system and found two services (bt-sleep-monitor.service and bt-sleep-monitor.timer) in /lib/systemd/system and a script (bt-sleep-monitor) in /usr/bin.
So, I rebooted and tried to run one of those services. But either of them didn't make any difference, the sleep-stats remained 0.
Maybe I am trying to use them incorrectly? (I have tried 'sudo systemctl start bt-sleep-monitor.service' or 'sudo systemctl start bt-sleep-monitor.timer')
Plus, there is another service 'bt-sleep-monitor-timer' in the '/lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/' but I am not sure about this one.
Now I am trying to install minimec's first script as a sytemd service but there is no '/usr/lib/systemd/scripts' folder as the instruction said therefore I put the script into the '/usr/lib/systemd/user' but, again, not sure this is the correct place for this.

Edit: The BT monitor was a false alarm! I have removed the service that I installed (the old minimec script) and enabled the bt-sleep-monitor.service and bt-sleep-monitor.timer services and it works! Probably just I was clumsy or maybe I needed to enable these services. Anyway, it works now. Thank you!
(At least I learnt how to create a service. :-))

Edit2:
Something is still not right. The suspend_time in 'mcetool --get-suspend-stats' is not really counting. With the original bt-sleep-monitor script it was almost the same as the uptime, but with the script that came with the OS now:
uptime: 5054.484 and suspend_time: 206.410 (The suspend time was the same 90 minutes ago too.)
I don't use any bt device and the bt has not been turned on at all today.

Last edited by edp17; 2019-11-06 at 11:17. Reason: extra info (retest)

Just a thought. Maybe it is time to open a new topic or rename this one as it is not about SailfishOS 2.x anymore but SailfishOS 3.x. What do you think?

@edp17 Thank you for your posts and hints regarding the upgrade process. If all the details are cleared, it would be very helpful to post the steps for the recent upgrade process (I mean with post upgrade tweaks if they are necessary). I multiboot on my N5 and I have to say Sailfish is the OS that I like the most.

The Following User Says Thank You to sailor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
@edp17 Thank you for your posts and hints regarding the upgrade process. If all the details are cleared, it would be very helpful to post the steps for the recent upgrade process (I mean with post upgrade tweaks if they are necessary). I multiboot on my N5 and I have to say Sailfish is the OS that I like the most.
This is how I have done. (I also use multirom on Nexus 5 and accordingly my need switching between Sailfish versions 3.2.0.12 and 2.0.4.13.)

Inspired by @sailor's post

Edit: I amended the steps because @mautz has created repo for direct update to 3.2.0.12. Therefore no longer need to update to 3.1.0.12 but we can directly go to 3.2.0.12.

======= Upgrade 3.0.3.9 to 3.2.0.12 =======
1. Install 3.0.3.9 (multiboot or as main rom - use @sailor's post as that contains a well organized, step by step instruction)
2. Enable developer mode and set a password
3. Connect the phone to a PC and on the PC run:
ssh nemo@192.168.2.15

Still on the PC command line:
4. check repos:
Code:
ssu lr
5. Remove adaptation-community (not to mix with adaptation-community-common):
Code:
ssu dr adaptation-community
6. add new adaptation-community-hammerhead repo:
Code:
ssu ar adaptation-community-hammerhead http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/mautz:/sfos-latest/sailfishos_3.2.0.12_latest/
7. add new adaptation-community-common-hammerhead repo as well:
Code:
ssu ar adaptation-community-common-hammerhead http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/common/sailfishos_3.2.0.12/
8. put the device in release mode
Code:
ssu release 3.2.0.12
Go back to phone and do:
9. open Fingerterm and login as root:
Code:
devel-su (login)
10. Change password (this is required otherwise the su command in next step will fail:
Code:
passwd root (enter the password you set in step 2, as the screen requires)
11. Go back to PC command line and do:
Code:
su (enter the give password at previous step)
pkcon refresh
version –dup
reboot
Then as root I installed and copied over the bits and bobs I needed from my other intact 3.0.3.9 rom.
I hope this helps.

Last edited by edp17; 2019-11-28 at 11:31. Reason: We can directly update to 3.2.0.12

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
@edp17

What is the purpose of step 8? And pkcon refresh and version --dup do not require root.