Active Topics

Hello buddies,

Each time i connect to the internet via WiFi my N900 gets disconnected from the AP. Does anyone know why ?

BTW, the WiFi connection (i have a 10Mbps and i really dont expect the nokia to surf the web that fast ) is way slower then the 3G connection ... what's the problem?

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
  • Could it be autodisconnect?
  • Could it be because you're using bleeding-edge wifi drivers?
  • Could it be because of poor signal strength N900 decides to disconnect from the AP?
  • Could it be that your AP is overloaded with client connections? Or is the wireless channel you are on crowded?
  • Could it be that someone has backdoor access to your router or someone is deliberately trying to disconnect you for some evil reason. E.g. you have WPA network and the intruder tries to deauth your devices to force you to use WEP?

As for your second question:
  • Do you have vpnc installed?
  • Have you checked /etc/resolv.conf to see if its empty or not? Its not meant to be empty.
  • Have you tried disabling power saving via making transmit power up to 100mW?
  • When you say its slower than your 3G connection, were you referring to the first maybe 10-15 minutes upon connecting to your wireless network? If so have you waited 10-15 minutes after having it connected to wireless network before trying to surf the internet through it?

* How can i check if it's autodisconnect ?
* How can i check if i'm using bleeding-edge wifi drivers?
*No
*No
*No

--------

*No
*No
*Yes
*I can't surf 5 minutes ...

Autodisconnect should have its own menu entry under Settings in the area: Connectivity. If you don't have that, you don't have Autodisconnect installed.

Bleeding-edge drivers are by lxp, they have to be downloaded separately, if you do not know what it is you do not have it installed.

If you do have WLAN Transmission power set at 100mW, what about Power saving? have you set it to Off?

When you say you can't surf 5 minutes, you're not being clear. Is it the first 5 minutes upon being connected to your WLAN? or is it 5 minutes and your device is disconnected from WiFi?

Power Saving is OFF ...

I connect to the WiFi ... i surf the web for less then 5 minutes (very slowly) and then i get disconnected

What if you left the device alone with the screen on permanently and whilst it is on charge and connected to the wireless network? Did you notice that sometime within the 5 minutes timeframe there was a spike in CPU's usage? or better yet, what about conky, did you notice there was any network activity during that time?

What is your product version and the last few lines of `dmesg' say?

Originally Posted by myself_v1 View Post
(i have a 10Mbps and i really dont expect the nokia to surf the web that fast ) is way slower then the 3G connection ... what's the problem?
I got 25 mb/ss uplink 1,5 mb/s downlink, and max download speed I was able to achieve was ~15 mb/s, probably due to flash write speed limitations. So You *should* expect it to surf at 10 mb/s

Could You please put dmesg output from moment after incident?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Hi,

I have a similar problem. The Nokia needs several attempts to connect to the wifi, and when it does it disconnects after few minutes, and the speed is very low.

Did you solve your problem? why?
Does anyone have any idea?

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I had a similr problem:

* Check if you can connect to other wifi networks
* Try if it's a power cable for router failure (like I had)

It's not a router problem, because I also tried with other wifi and it's the same.