Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
only 49 more to go

I really wonder (what / where) (we / I) will be b*tching about 6 months from now?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2009-06-01 at 01:00.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
only 49 more to go

I really wonder (what / where) (we / I) will be b*tching about 6 months from now?
In six months? About how we are the minority in this forum...

Most people here in six months will probably be Maemo Phone users... not Internet Tablet users...

It makes me sad

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aisu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Aisu View Post

Most people here in six months will probably be Maemo Phone users... not Internet Tablet users...

It makes me sad
Does this mean we will finally be in control?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
I've been pondering the innovative task switcher on Maemo 5 that has not been publicized yet. Assuming that multiple Maemo 5 devices exist, each with particular strength (phone, tablet, keyboard, landscape/portrait rotation, etc) - I'm thinking the task switcher is likely some touch based gesture. For instance, 'grabbing' a corner of an active window and 'tossing' it aside, which rotates the active window to the next in line. That would make it completely hardware independant and orientation independant. Some thoughts....

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Cincy,Ohio

It makes me sad
Count me out on the Maemo Phone. I have nice phones I just need the tablets.

OS 2007HE

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trin20t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by trin20t View Post
Count me out on the Maemo Phone. I have nice phones I just need the tablets.
Me too, and its not a Nokia phone. I bought one of those one time, sent back with many problems, actually got a refund larger than purchase price.

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS2593777857.html

Maybe if the phone hooks up to these, I might give it a whirl

7 feet away from a 54 inch screen.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
See this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=292435

A small screen is actually much more readable than a large screen. Luckily we have a few people here who are ready to teach us this new kind of physics.
You've got to be joking.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal

It makes me sad
Actually, as much as i hate phones, I'll be happy if i can get a FOSS based phone without having to carry 2 devices.
That will slowly allow me to develop new way to deprecate the old cell system...

Being able to work with 1 device with many different capabilities is a nice temporary patch to freeing the system, i hope... ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
my sincere hope is that the n900 is a phone product, and that there will be an n910 with the following:

4.2" screen
full keyboard
GPS
accelerometer
option for a data plan

Tags
disapointed by nokia, dpad, maemo phone, my tablet is crying, n900, nokia gets it wrong, openmoko, rover, rx-51, rx-71 needed, screen size, smartphone, t-mobile