Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Ok, then could you do it?
Done, feel free to add any relevant information I might have missed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Done, feel free to add any relevant information I might have missed.
OK. But let's push the SSU out and not let it get stalled waiting for a component to be opened. There can always be SSU^2.

Can we include a fix for the GPS fix time? Or is that something that is just poor GPS hardware?

Also, can we improve the Camera functionality? It seems so slow, and freezes persistently. Though I could accept that it's me, or something I have set up that makes the camera worse than it already is.

Also, as usual, I am willing and able to put my n810 on the line for the sake of development. Just tell me what to install, or tell me what to report and I will do as I am told :P

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
What GPS time fix? I'm not aware of any gps problem, other than being low sensitivity/slow to get a position fix.
Do you have AGPS installed? It solves that as much as possible (as long as you have connected to internet no further than 30 min before activating the gps)

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
I never, ever use the camera. That is the red [s]ring[/s] light of death.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Originally Posted by cstryon View Post
Can we include a fix for the GPS fix time? Or is that something that is just poor GPS hardware?
The hardware isn't the greatest, but IMHO most of the problems are on the software side. I find that manually deleting /var/lib/gps/nvd_data before activating the GPS makes a big difference.

Also, can we improve the Camera functionality? It seems so slow, and freezes persistently. Though I could accept that it's me, or something I have set up that makes the camera worse than it already is.
Mine's dead now, but while it was working it was fine (image quality aside) for video calls. I didn't use it for much else though.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Just pushed a minor -testing update. If no problems are found this will become -stable in a week or two, so please test away!

Changelog:
  • Disabled building of the N810W meta-packages since no one around here has one for testing.
  • busybox: disabled FEATURE_PS_WIDE again, so that ps with arguments will pretend to work again.
  • kernel-diablo: USB g_ether fix from bug 3243 (missed it the first time around and wanted to get all the kernel stuff out of the way)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
I do not see an update. This went to community-testing right?

Edit: I got the update, I guess it needed to refresh. all good so far. thanks Lma

Last edited by cstryon; 2010-08-16 at 04:20.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Just pushed a minor -testing update. If no problems are found this will become -stable in a week or two, so please test away!

Changelog:
  • Disabled building of the N810W meta-packages since no one around here has one for testing.
Wait, I am willing and ready with my N810W to test!!

The Following User Says Thank You to heavyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
Wait, I am willing and ready with my N810W to test!!
Oh, sorry! Re-enabled and uploaded, should appear in the repository in the next few minutes.

For anyone else who already installed 5.2010.32-1 you can safely ignore 5.2010.32-3, it doesn't add anything else at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo