Active Topics

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
yes, i second that, is the screen transflective? Does it have proximity sensors? Are we expecting to use our finger more to navigate web pages (a la iPhone/iPod Touch) since they've took the joypad and hid it under the slide?

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Is the N810 considered to be a replacement for the N800?

Will Nokia continue to sell the N800 and at what recommended price?

TIA.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Does nokia will sell it with a reduced price for Developpers like me ?

What is the processor ?

What is the memory availability ?

What is the current maemo release wich work on this new IT ?

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
It seems their is still a charger "hole". So no charging through USB?

Will it have support for WiMax or EV-DO?

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Originally Posted by str View Post
Will it have support for WiMax or EV-DO?
I hope not, I live in the UK Add them by all means, but as an option, so that those of us who don't want to or can't use them don't have to pay for them. Actually, I feel the same about GPS ...

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I believe there is a WiMax trial about to start in Manchester, so WiMax may come to the UK eventually!

For Reggie:

Please can you find out if Nokia have given the video subsytem a respin in the N810 as it suffered from a chronic lack of bandwidth in the N800, so much so that the 770 had better video bandwidth performance. Certain types of movie are unplayable on the N800 at full frame rate because of the N800 video hardware design - Nokia developers admitted on the mailing list that the video subsystem in the N800 was poorly designed.

I'd like to see a hard cover case (similar to the N800 fold-over design with magnets ideally activating "sleep" or "lock screen" functionality), will there be a hard case?

Will Nokia ever release extended batteries for Nokia Internet Tablets? Will Nokia offer a larger capacity battery for the N810?

When will Nokia support inductive charging (eg. Splashpower)?! (Not NIT specific, but I'm fed up having to plug in so many devices for a charge at the end of each day!)

Things I'm looking for:

- Can it playback any divx/xvid with auto scaling and no need for re-encoding like the GP2X does.

- Full AD2P stereo streaming.

- Viewable screen in sunlight.

- A wireless card that can inject packets :) {Main reason I got the N800 was for my security training and pen testing}

- Host-Mode USB (with a powered USB port, I know I'm stretching)

- EXT port with full access for mod;s and debugging {JTAG, Serial Console, aerial connector on forwifi & BT, etc}

- Flip screen from/back to landscape by button and/or sensor.

- IDDQD Mode

- Better volume on built-in speakers.

- Better battery life.

- IRDA port

- IDKFA Mode

- S60 Emulation

- Hidden Taser which is automatically enabled when any idiot holding it ask is it a icrap or says the icrap is better.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Woohoo! Ah, so many questions, so few answers...what fun! I am thrilled, but really, what I want to know is, when and where can I get one?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
- Hidden Taser which is automatically enabled when any idiot holding it ask is it a icrap or says the icrap is better.
Yes please... i am ready to pay anything for that!!!