From what ive seen US models dont ship with adapters.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
The touchscreen vibration was barely noticeable at first. Then it seemed stronger, and then the sound also seemed stronger, and eventually I disabled it because I thought it'd sound/look a bit silly in public.
You care what people think of you? Better off posing with an iPhone...
Sorry, in a bad mood.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by phreck View Post
From what ive seen US models dont ship with adapters.
Nokia supposedly has such a small market share in North America, that the majority of possibly new Nokia users wouldn't be able to use it with their old iPhone chargers etc. It makes more sense to include one in the rest of the world where Nokia dominate.

my n900 just arrived today from amazon and i noticed that i dont have the usb conversion adapter to use the old chargers. anyone else seeing this too?

i will post my comments on n900 soon as i think i am in the first few ppl to get their n900 through amazon usa..

thanks

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
This doesn't seem to be included in the US retail box - it's not listed in the box contents on the US Nokia site.

I called Nokia USA to order one, but it is not in their system, either. I guess one would have to get it from the UK or somewhere else?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

I got mine straight from Nokia (well, Omnipoint). No such adapter, but it's not that big of a deal. I know a place where they have so many chargers that work with the N900, they sell them!

i got the adapter and im from uk

My box from Amazon USA did not have the charger adapter. My guess is that Nokia believes a larger percentage of people in the US who do not have old AC adapters that need converting so they chose to provide it elsewhere.

Tags
accessories, adapter, box, ca-146c, charger adapter, charging, contents, in the box, n900, power, regional difference, retail