Active Topics

attempt to install Oneplus One failed. maybe I made the wrong order of installation. Who can ever boast of success?

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hi! well, I've been trying it and so far the only problem i found is that from time to time the UI gets stuck. It enters in a kind of loop after an action (i.e. tap on a checkbox...so it starts checking, unchecking, and so on for a while). Then it stops responding and a bit later all taps done come together. Or if I restart sfdroid, then it gets normal again.
I flashed gapps nano and everything went fine. Installed apps ok.
Let me know if you need any specific data or test. Anyway, I'll keep testing it.
Great work, guys. Thanks!
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jem555 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by liar View Post
did you execute the usermod command from the instructions?
After removing everything on the device I did a fresh install of CM11, SFO, the latest .zip file and followed the instructions. After running the 'sg graphics sfdroid' command via a ssh connection from my computer I could finally see the android window on the screen of the device.
I run the following commands on the device to start sfdroid.

Code:
$ ssh nemo@127.0.0.1
password:
[nemo@Jolla ~]$ sg graphics sfdroid
I don't know if this is the right way startup the application. Thanks again for your help and good work.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by jellyroll
I don't know if this is the right way startup the application. Thanks again for your help and good work.
Yes this is the correct way to launch it. But you can also start it via the icon in the app drawer .

Originally Posted by bikeza View Post
attempt to install Oneplus One failed. maybe I made the wrong order of installation. Who can ever boast of success?
At the moment this is Nexus 4/5 only. Sorry.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jem555 View Post
Hi! well, I've been trying it and so far the only problem i found is that from time to time the UI gets stuck. It enters in a kind of loop after an action (i.e. tap on a checkbox...so it starts checking, unchecking, and so on for a while). Then it stops responding and a bit later all taps done come together. Or if I restart sfdroid, then it gets normal again.
I flashed gapps nano and everything went fine. Installed apps ok.
Let me know if you need any specific data or test. Anyway, I'll keep testing it.
Great work, guys. Thanks!
Try to run your phone while charging. It works much smoother while I charge my phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piwadam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Finland
Hi guys! I couldn't find this from the thread so here's my suggestion:

Make SFdroid the "Partner-space app": that way you could literally run the two OSes side by side instead of in a window.

Here are some reasons:
1. Easier accessibility
2. No risk of closing by mistake
3. You could use the swipe gesture from the top of the screen
4. Just imagine swiping between the OSes (wait, would it work? Can you disable the carousel gesture while at the partner space? I hope so)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jollailija For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by jollailija View Post
Hi guys! I couldn't find this from the thread so here's my suggestion:

Make SFdroid the "Partner-space app": that way you could literally run the two OSes side by side instead of in a window.

Here are some reasons:
1. Easier accessibility
2. No risk of closing by mistake
3. You could use the swipe gesture from the top of the screen
4. Just imagine swiping between the OSes (wait, would it work? Can you disable the carousel gesture while at the partner space? I hope so)
it's not possible this way, you simply have no idea how partnerspaces works inside system.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
it's not possible this way, you simply have no idea how partnerspaces works inside system.
Actually, I don't think it's such a bad idea.

Of course, "partner space" is just an app pinned in the carousel (from what the videos have shown, you need to tap on it on the carousel and then exit it like any other app in the system), but until it is possible to have multiple sfdroid windows in the task switcher, it would make sense to have it pinned on the partner space screen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Actually, I don't think it's such a bad idea.

Of course, "partner space" is just an app pinned in the carousel (from what the videos have shown, you need to tap on it on the carousel and then exit it like any other app in the system), but until it is possible to have multiple sfdroid windows in the task switcher, it would make sense to have it pinned on the partner space screen.
We're not commercial partners with Jolla, so we can't use the partner space.

EDIT: OTA's breaks the connection between Sailfish and Android reverting some of the changes (init.rc). Flashing sfdroid on top again rectifies that problem. I personally don't really see a way to get around that.

Hello and thanks for all your efforts.

i have done everything and i got myself an android os in a window.

SailFish OS runs in the background and i have Android too.

was it supposed to be like this or somehow i managed to have an interesting thing?

)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atbeyi For This Useful Post:

Tags
apkenv