Active Topics

Has anyone else experienced this? After PRI 1.2, I lost missed call notifications (no LED blinks even with the feature turned on, and nothing in my call logs).

If anyone calls me and I do not pick up the phone, I do not get any form of notification that there was a missed call. It just goes back to my desktop as if everything were normal.

Doesn't seem like this is a known bug as I could not find anything on here.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

I too have this problem. Ever since PR1.2 i get no notification of any missed calls until someone mentions to me that theyve called.
I have tMobile US and I get spotty coverage in my house. So sometimes when i dont get signal and someone calls I do not get that notification that they ever called.
Can someone help?
Thank you- Adrian

I know! I was actually logging on about this issue.

In my case when I get a missed call notification the number disappears soon as the phone opens. It happened a couple of times and it's frustrating because I often get calls from people who's number I don't have.

Yea, I don't even have the number of who called. If I miss a call, there's no way for me to return it unless they leave a VM. It is very frustrating indeed. I take it that I am not the only one now.

Heres the thing, I do not think this happened in PR 1.1.1
So i may downgrade to see if it corrects the problem. Had anyone noticed this in PR 1.1.1?

you can track you new sms, emails, mms & missed call buy view the menu button to the left top corner. it will blink.

Thats the thing. We get no notifications. Pressing the top left button should display the new notifications but it doesnt for us.
Well not for mssed calls anyways.
We get notifications for new sms, emails, IMs, but not missed calls if we dont have signal. It is very strange,

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
AFAIK, it's not possible to get a native missed call notification without the phone knowing it got a call (it must be connected to the cellular network with enough signal strength to receive the call). This is not a limitation of the device; it's just not possible to know there was a call if there is no connection to the cellular network when the call occurs. I am not aware of (nor can I find any information on) a feature of GSM that queues a notification to the device for an unanswered call event.

From some quick research, a few carriers offer a missed call alert via SMS at a cost. That would just show as a regular SMS, not a missed call notification, though.

Originally Posted by shazzy84 View Post
Thats the thing. We get no notifications. Pressing the top left button should display the new notifications but it doesnt for us.
Well not for mssed calls anyways.
We get notifications for new sms, emails, IMs, but not missed calls if we dont have signal. It is very strange,
That is correct. The menu button is not giving me a missed call notification for me to "view".

Originally Posted by rewt View Post
AFAIK, it's not possible to get a native missed call notification without the phone knowing it got a call (it must be connected to the cellular network with enough signal strength to receive the call). This is not a limitation of the device; it's just not possible to know there was a call if there is no connection to the cellular network when the call occurs. I am not aware of (nor can I find any information on) a feature of GSM that queues a notification to the device for an unanswered call event.

From some quick research, a few carriers offer a missed call alert via SMS at a cost. That would just show as a regular SMS, not a missed call notification, though.

I do not believe that is the problem we are experiencing. This is how I am testing and reproducing the problem.

I use my house phone to call my N900. I'll let the N900 ring until it kicks it over to my VM. Then I hang up on my house phone. Once the call is terminated on the N900, it'll swap back to the desktop and that's the end of that. No missed call, no notification of any kind.

This DID NOT happen when I was on PRI 1.1.1. I only noticed this problem once I flashed over to the PRI 1.2. I did a full re-flash to eliminate a "bad" flash.

Anyone else have any insight?

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Originally Posted by fly_S2k View Post
I do not believe that is the problem we are experiencing.
That was more directed at shazzy84, who was claiming to have issues with poor/no network coverage.

Originally Posted by fly_S2k View Post
I use my house phone to call my N900. I'll let the N900 ring until it kicks it over to my VM. Then I hang up on my house phone.
I just tested this calling from my work phone using the same method, multiple times - received a missed call notification, opened notification, call log in phone showed missed call. The first time I looked for a notification almost instantly, the second time I waited 15-20 seconds before looking for it, then third time I had the device unlocked and "on" (screen on, not playing dead), and the fourth time I only let it ring for about 2 seconds. No issues at all.

I'm on PR1.2 with a clean flash + eMMC, not an OTA upgrade.