Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
... Are there any safe instructions on how to downgrade back to Android 9 if that's the requirement?
Hi, I had upgraded my device to Android 10 and flashed SailfishOS on it. The camera was so crappy that I thought I give it a second try in Android. I just used the Sony Emma software because it did not work under Ubuntu using newflasher.

My XZ2C is now flashed with Android 9 and the camera is great. I will flash Sailfish on it tonight. Because, who wants a great camera?! haha ;-p

On Sailfish I had way better results with Piggz's Advanced Camera app. The battery is also a huge problem for me in this port. I used Android three weeks and battery life was way better.

With all it's problems, I am very thankful to the porters.

The Following User Says Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
maximilian1st: What was the battery issue? does it suspend for you? or was it indexing of some huge collections?

Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
rinigus, thank you for the port!

I recently purchased XZ2 (H8216) with the sole purpose of installing SFOS, and it came pre-loaded with Android 10.

Is there a path to installing SFOS with Android 10? All instructions I see here and on XDA refer to AOSP9 as seed (and Android 10 as a future possibility only if porting happens). Are there any safe instructions on how to downgrade back to Android 9 if that's the requirement?
I am not sure what exactly the question is:

Do you want know whether you should downgrade to Android 9 before flashing SFOS?

I guess, the answer is "no", because that is what is written in the instrauction "Update device to the last Android version before unlocking. You can update to Android 10 if offered and flash Sailfish over it directly. Check that all works before flashing Sailfish. If something doesn't work, it will be possible to claim the warranty on device.", see the Instructions on GitHub I did so with my XZ3 and everything is fine. This is diferent from what I learned about flashing Jolla's SFOS on an Xperia 10 where it was recommended not to flash over Android 10.

Should your question refer to kernel 4.14 that comes with Android 10, then I don't know.

The Following User Says Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
I have 4000 photos on an SDCard but I guess the indexing will take maybe 24 hours maximum. I might be wrong, just a wild guess. The phone did not pass the day. It came warm out of my pocket, it's cold outside... Sometimes I fired up top in the terminal but it only showed fingerterm and nothing really cpu intesive.

Also, I forgot to mention that apps crashed frequently. The phone app, messaging app and so on. I use to open 6 or 7 apps and when I take my phone out of my pocket, some apps are just greyed out. Something I never had with my X Compact.

That is not of much help unfortunately. The phone will be back on sailfish tonight and I'll post how it works after a few days of usage. This is my main phone.

OK, I took the SDCard out of the phone and moved most photos on my laptop. Card back in phone and the gallery complains about missing photos haha ;-)
Let's see if that can help get more battery out of the phone and less crashes.

After flashing and booting for the first time, one cannot create the Jolla account for some reason. It complains about network connection error. Even after that, trying to create the account from the settings menu does not work for me. Neither does the Fruux account. I have to reboot the phone, wait for the 4G sign to appear and then only can I create the accounts and it works.

Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
OK, I took the SDCard out of the phone and moved most photos on my laptop. Card back in phone and the gallery complains about missing photos haha ;-)
Let's see if that can help get more battery out of the phone and less crashes.

After flashing and booting for the first time, one cannot create the Jolla account for some reason. It complains about network connection error. Even after that, trying to create the account from the settings menu does not work for me. Neither does the Fruux account. I have to reboot the phone, wait for the 4G sign to appear and then only can I create the accounts and it works.
Same here ..

But once I had the accounts set up everythimg was fine

Don't insert an SDCard full of photos in a Sailfish OS phone haha. I deleted most photos and the battery is behaving as I remember from my Xperia X Compact. Thank you Rinigus for the tip.

The github repository is seeing some love :-) 3.4.0.4 could be around the corner \o/

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Started working on it this weekend. Delay was mainly caused by some technical issues with OBS (new targets for 3.4.0 were added maybe a week or bit more ago) and a wish to release Pure Maps work without interrupting it.

I expect it would take few days more before release, unless I hit some major issue. But getting closer, indeed.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Fun fact - sliding your finger over the fingerprint scanner on the back causes a scroll. Up and down scrolls left to right, and left to right scrolls up and down. It's a tiny bit, so not useful for anything, but figured I'd just point it out...