I bet, most of you would rather choose a broken display than a MS-Origami-Background.
The others can get some backgrounds here;-)

http://origamiproject.com/gallery/gallery.aspx

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Very Mac OS X-ey... talking of which, I've got the swirly blue Mac OS X default background combined with the "Blue" theme on my 770. Looks very nice...

Oh, and does it concern anyone else they've spent lots of effort on backgrounds for a product which is still effectively vapourware?

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
I agree, aflegg. They look JUST like OSX

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Portland
Originally Posted by aflegg
Oh, and does it concern anyone else they've spent lots of effort on backgrounds for a product which is still effectively vapourware?
Last night (Wednesday), the CBS Evening News had a piece on Orgami. The jist was that Microsoft wanted to reveal it at a German product show, but the Intel PM who was working on the hardware gave them a sneak peak. If I may say, a nice-looking device -- but it's most glaring weakness is that it runs Windows.

I'd say at this point, it's more than just vaporware.

P.S. No mention of the Nokia 770 in that piece. $#%!! corporate media.

Geoff

OK, it's not vapourware that was a little unfair. A higher resolution screen (say 1024x768) and more than 2 hours battery life running Linux would make it interesting (along with instant-on suspend/resume - which it might already have).

That'd make it a laptop replacement which could be thrown in a bag, in a smaller/lighter form factor than a Psion netBook.

if UMPC doesn't have instant on that can stand on battery for days, like the 770 can (assuming you've closed apps that can't sleep properly) then it's not going to be terribly popular. no idea who the real target for these first version with 2 hour battery life are, but it certainly isn't the masses. until run time gets well over 3 hours, preferably 4-6, this thing will not be popular.