Better image attachment viewing in Modest.

Currently image browser opens, and when done looking it takes FOUR clicks to get back to your e-mail - very annoying!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Would be nice to see the fixes for hildon-desktop rotation in the next CSSU-S.
Starting to get tired of opening the keyboard and having the screen in portrait.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1117
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1124
same annoying issue when switching between multiple MicroB windows in portrait mode -> switched window starts in landscape and then rotates to portrait.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
same annoying issue when switching between multiple MicroB windows in portrait mode -> switched window starts in landscape and then rotates to portrait.
It's a know bug fixed in Testing an age ago, but has yet to be fixed in Stable.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Improving browser performance, maybe an alternative webkit engine (I know it's a lot of work, maybe I can help )

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick message...
Why does calculator store its settings in gconf's osso-caluclator? Yes, I know the answer: accident, misprint, et cetera. No, I don't have time to hunt down source tree of calculator and point out where exactly this misprint happens.
The USB cable of N900 is fragile and wrapped in duct tape, the USB cable of N950 is too tightly fitting and its teeth need to be filed, and the only micro-USB-wall-electricity charger has its micro-USB part falling-out-bent-and-unreliable. Ideally, I would get a spare N900 battery and external charger for it. Maybe, the same for N950, too.
The screen of N900 is scratched badly, and the speakers of N900 are full of sand. For future reference (if I ever get a new screen), when screen protector is too rough to have stylus dragged smoothly, are there any good ball-point styluses out here? Theoretically, ball-point stylus shouldn't scratch screen at all during dragging. But the ball would need a proper lubrication - chemically inert, quickly eraporating in air, almost invisible liquid without unpleasant smell?
How do I change font size of New-SMS textview? I know that /usr/bin/rtcom-messaging-ui.launch gives it class "hildon-fullscreen-textview", and theme's gtkrc points it to background image. But how do I change actual font size? The text view is currently large enough for two SMS, 160 wide letters 'M' each; it's especially obvious in portrait view. But it's no good for a vision-impaired user.
Oh, and why did lynx-ssl and heliummobilebrowser disappear from repositories, or am I hallucinating? helium has already returned, but I cannot seem to find lynx-ssl
Has anybody ever created a vertical-panorama application which would use accelerometer and camera's field-of-view to determine hold-still moments, instead of comparing images with each other? Post-processing would ideally be done in background, allowing human to take other panorama-photographs, but executing these tasks consequentially (to avoid overheating and pursue-ten-ducks-catch-none moments) and giving user interface to pause post-processing (especially when battery is low or other windows need the processor).
I am glad to see updates of OMP and Qalendar. Thank you.

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
I have some ideas about the ui!
First of all I would love to see a grid mod with 4x7 and 7x3 menu grid!
Also I would love to see, if it is possible, a changed status bar like symbian/meego's one or maybe like the mer one??

What do you think?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by nman View Post
Quick way to reply to sms would be nice. (i.e right from the notification, and then back to whatever prog you were working on)
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I second that. Receiving a phone call brings up the phone UI. It would be nice to have the same functionality for SMS. (That's what my old Palm did. I never realized how useful that feature was until I lost it in the switch to N900.)
Clicking on the notification is already possible. The SMS UI comes up at once.

Having it come up automatically might be useful to some users but not to everyone. So if implemented it should be configurable.

What I definitely like to see is, like nman mentions, when closing the Phone UI or SMS UI to have the previous active application open instead of the task switcher window.

Last edited by n900user259; 2013-08-05 at 16:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
I have some ideas about the ui! First of all I would love to see a grid mod with 4x7 and 7x3 menu grid! Also I would love to see, if it is possible, a changed status bar like symbian/meego's one or maybe like the mer one?? What do you think?
nope it shoudnt be like this just the status bar and bottom bar shoud be trimmed a bit no misplaced icons please we need a fresh look and feel but not changing what it is cssu hildon config editor maybe

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nman View Post
Better image attachment viewing in Modest.

Currently image browser opens, and when done looking it takes FOUR clicks to get back to your e-mail - very annoying!
yes that is annoying. also colours in emails needs fixing.

other that that im happy with it how it is good work.

The Following User Says Thank You to crail For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I second that. Receiving a phone call brings up the phone UI. It would be nice to have the same functionality for SMS. (That's what my old Palm did. I never realized how useful that feature was until I lost it in the switch to N900.)
sorry but i really hope this doesnt happen. if youre on the phone at the time you can catch the text anyway. i dont want to be forced to answer a text when im busy doing something else.

The Following User Says Thank You to crail For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu stable, nokia n900