The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tvicol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
A guy that says he bought one and received it on August 1st

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJW5YisOVUM

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
The dudes that claim they received it in mid July, notoriously "Lavish something" twiterrer, or whatever a user of that network is called, are somewhat sketchy. They post photos of the phone screen with foreca weather on it, or the box it is supposedly came in, or a DHL dude who brought that. WTF? Why don't you post some photos taken with that thing's camera, for instance? Or maybe some benchmarking figures? Or the battery drainage during typical usage pattern? Or whatever useful info? No, instead they show a tutorial of Sailfish OS.

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xanderx For This Useful Post:
I see strong indications that Jayard George (@Prokrastindj on twitter) is not an independent customer (in his defence I don't think he claims he is).
1) His twitter and youtube account seem to exist mainly for the purpose of promoting the turing phone
2) He is very active on the "turing tech support" reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/turing_tech_support/ The funny thing is: This reddit community was created (and I believe announced) 9 days ago, user prokastrindry joined reddit 18 days ago (as did SisaMaria and TyGolden, also active on this reddit). So either this is a strange coincidence or they knew about the reddit before.

I have the impression that TRI is trying to make us believe that there are already quite a few happy and active turingphine users out there. I don't think that any of this is illegal, it just adds one more chapter to the, well, unusual communication strategy of TRI.

Last edited by LameDuck; 2016-08-11 at 12:50.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LameDuck For This Useful Post:
From the video, min. 19.40 , I understand that they had 12.000 reservations. They lost 10.000 of them due bla bla bla, remaining with 2000 preorders and later they lost another 30% due delays. Only 70% of these committed to buy.
So, 1400 TRI phones should be shipped. BUT, not in one batch.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tvicol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Ohh Gosh...
Nothing i needed more than to see the tutorial done by the next noob.
Why oh why are they wasting our precious time.
The title of the video sounded so much better than what we got.

It wasn't a "video tutorial of starting up a Turing phone" but a video of a guy running the "Turing Phone startup tutorial", i.e. the one the phone runs when it starts.

At least we see something. And it brings up the worldwide possible total Turing Phones to 5, right?

But why oh why aren't there more videos like this. Normally everybody and their uncle posts unboxing videos of their new Xbox One S, or Shoes, or long-awaited video game or even their new Grammy Award. Ok, that was a ringer, but still, where's the videos?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
@Mosen. First you were tablet scamed by Jolla. Now you looking for a second scam by Turing/Jolla

Love your way of participate in scams. If you are getting a Turing, so shall I...lets get scamed!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
my inner batman would slap me
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
In my native language, the word "anecdote" means "joke". That makes the cartoon even more appropriate

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
seems like the jTab all over again.

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone