Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone seen Copernicus lately? He would have loved 3.0. I hope he doing fine.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Found out that Sony has 4.9 kernel for X (in beta now).

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Well, on other devices. A hack have been tried, which works
https://www.noreplied.com/how-to-ins...alaxy-s7-edge/
I did some measurements, a micro SD card is ~0.8mm thick, the raised end part of the card is ~0.94mm. The XA2 SD/SIM tray loaded with memory card is ~1.02mm, while a stripped sim card is ~0.4mm thick.

The raised part of the SD card should be filed to become flat, but then we need to remove an extra ~0.15mm from the other side of the card, which might be tricky.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
I did some measurements, a micro SD card is ~0.8mm thick, the raised end part of the card is ~0.94mm. The XA2 SD/SIM tray loaded with memory card is ~1.02mm, while a stripped sim card is ~0.4mm thick.

The raised part of the SD card should be filed to become flat, but then we need to remove an extra ~0.15mm from the other side of the card, which might be tricky.
Better to check first if XA2 behaves like X.
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=1817

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
Better to check first if XA2 behaves like X.
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=1817
hm, that could be a problem then, that hybrid dual sim/sd slot is a seriously stupid invention, at least the f5122 had 64gb, h4133 is only 32gb.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
hm, that could be a problem then, that hybrid dual sim/sd slot is a seriously stupid invention, at least the f5122 had 64gb, h4133 is only 32gb.
thiese trays are even stupider on Sony phone as their Android seem to commit Sepuku whenever the SIM card is taken out.

Thus, you can't swap SD cards while the phone is On, even if you unmounted the card correctly, it will do a full reboot anyway.

It should at least be separate slots/trays for SIM(s) and for SD.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Found out that Sony has 4.9 kernel for X (in beta now).
That would have been great news for us, except that we don't have any info whether Jolla will be upgrading kernels SFOS 3, or if we're stuck with the old buggy 3.10.84 from Sony's 6.0 Mashmallow SDK.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
just wondering.. where is the advantage of Xperia XA2 over Xperia X?? I am not a techie, so pls excuse if my question sounds dumb!!
also, in the comments of the blog, jolla devs have mentioned that the upcoming SFOS 3 on Xa2 will have support for Android 8 Oreo in the compatibility layer.
But this layer has some device-specific stuff, and won't necessarily be ported to other devices.
It might be that we Xperia X users are stuck with the current Android 4.4 Kitkat compatibility layer.
(it's technically impossible for the Jolla1, that one is going to stay with a 4.2 Jellybean for ever)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
They say X wont get the same runtime as XA2, not that it wont be updated at all. BTW, maybe its just my imagination, but some time ago somewhere on TJC I read a discussion about X kernel, that they were considering about not updating it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Looking in the log of the last community meeting it looks like we should expect Android 7 for Xperia X :

09:27:10 <sledges> #info we think that the issue should go away or at least be easier traceable/addressed when BSP is updated to Android 7
source:
http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-m...09.00.log.html

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x