Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
There's only one solution for that: Use it to buy cocaine!
Does value of cocaine stay stable?

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
thats one of those things that relies more on consumer demand.....

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted by ivanzorkic View Post
Value getting lower, 7 months after release? Wow!

It's, in fact, holding out quite nicely.
I would be interested in your facts. Iphones hold their price six months later, and drop much slower. HTC phones drop in price but at a slower rate. My N900 was less than half it's value after six months, using ebay as a measure for second hand market. I think the fact it drops is the nature of the market as most have said, advancements, better models and such like.

To me the original post was one of the 'speed' of it's drop? Which looking at Ebay, is quite rapid. First time sellers like Expansys are seeing a much lower drop but that is their choice, though they also don't allow negative feedback for the N900 on their web pages, which is interesting in itself.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I was quite pleasantly surprised that the N900 was cheaper than the competition at launch to begin with. I mean the N97 Mini still sells at that 600e pricetag, and that's only because of the CWM service. A bag full of hot air!

I don't think the N900 has yet reached a baergain price. The price is sticking relatively well.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I got interested in this topic and compared prices for three phones in my country: the iPhone 3Gs, the Nokia N97 and the Nokia N900. I took the original price (day they became available here) and the price 6 months later. Prices are taken from an online service that lists cheapest available offers.

Here are the results expressed as "price after 6 months as percent of original price":

iPhone 3Gs: 79% of the original price
Nokia N97: 82% of the original price
Nokia N900: 87% of the original price

In other words, somebody who bought an iPhone 3GS on day 1 lost 21% of his money if he sold the device half a year later. N97 owners lost 18% and N900 owners would lose only 13%.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
Interesting Benny,

Wld like to believe, all the 3 models are not carrier locked and not in contract. I know the N900 isnt but the other 2 ?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
You can see the same results as Benny stated on http://www.hardwareschotte.de (german price comparison site).

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by rcarlos View Post
Wld like to believe, all the 3 models are not carrier locked and not in contract. I know the N900 isnt but the other 2 ?
I compared unlocked/unbranded versions.

Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
I would be interested in your facts. Iphones hold their price six months later, and drop much slower. HTC phones drop in price but at a slower rate. My N900 was less than half it's value after six months, using ebay as a measure for second hand market. I think the fact it drops is the nature of the market as most have said, advancements, better models and such like.

To me the original post was one of the 'speed' of it's drop? Which looking at Ebay, is quite rapid. First time sellers like Expansys are seeing a much lower drop but that is their choice, though they also don't allow negative feedback for the N900 on their web pages, which is interesting in itself.
yes that's what i meant the speed the phone value is dropping based on a 2nd hand market. I'm quite impressed there are still people who's got wits to understand the thread starter instead of criticizing negatively the idea like the first few posters in this thread.

Originally Posted by matts76 View Post
Of course its getting cheaper, this thread is a total waste of time!
Ive never heard of a single piece of technology that didn't go down in price with age, if they didn't we'd all be paying thousands for a dvd player or lcd tv, its called progress, if you brought your n900 as an investment then you need your head looking at, if you want to make price comparisons then you need to use something released at the same time for a similar price.
Everyone knows (except op it seems) newer products cost more, you pay a premium to be among the first to have the newest technology!
if you think this is a total waste of time then don't be stupid posting a single word here.

The Following User Says Thank You to fergusso For This Useful Post: