Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
What I dont understand is:

https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-operations/

They say that the first wave is sent... I was in the first wave, got NOTHING. Also, if you read the post, it also shows that they actually many tablets ready to be shipped....

Is the shipping costs just high? I really really dont understand it.

IF they do NOT have the tablets at all... Then I call this a fraud.
And I'm sure there are some laws for this either.
Of course fraud is forbidden by law. But this isn't fraud. You decided to invest in a product which, apparently, will never see the light. That's the risk of an investment. You won't see your money back.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tiempjuuh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
Of course fraud is forbidden by law. But this isn't fraud. You decided to invest in a product which, apparently, will never see the light. That's the risk of an investment. You won't see your money back.
Fraud was when they took them money. It's a legal fraud. Say one thing and do another while taking money and hide behind some 3rd party rules. If not fraud, then it's a lie. What about take money via shop when you know you couldn't deliver even the first tablets? Could be fraud. Or just bad behavior.

Hopefully they tablets shows up eventually, and Jolla can pay lastu and the employees gets rehired and we live happily ever after.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-11-24 at 06:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Also, if you read the post, it also shows that they actually many tablets ready to be shipped....

Is the shipping costs just high? I really really dont understand it.
More like there is no one in the building to package and ship them.

Although I doubt there are many ready to be shipped. Maybe tens, maximum hundreds. Not thousands. The vast majority has not been produced yet.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Fraud was when they took them money. It's a legal fraud. Say one thing and do another while taking money and hide behind some 3rd party rules. If not fraud, then it's a lie. What about take money via shop when you know you couldn't deliver even the first tablets? Could be fraud. Or just bad behavior.

Hopefully they tablets shows up eventually, and Jolla can pay lastu and the employees gets rehired and we live happily ever after.
You cannot compare crowdfunding with online shopping.
Crowdfunding is not buying a product, it is investing in a company and expecting a product in exchange. Sometimes your investment is lost.

But: Jolla did a very bad job on communication and in my opinion producing a tablet was not the best idea in the first place. Also the decline in lead personnel was a sign since long now that Jolla is declining and now finished as it seems.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
You cannot compare crowdfunding with online shopping.
Crowdfunding is not buying a product, it is investing in a company and expecting a product in exchange. Sometimes your investment is lost.

But: Jolla did a very bad job on communication and in my opinion producing a tablet was not the best idea in the first place. Also the decline in lead personnel was a sign since long now that Jolla is declining and now finished as it seems.
As for the crowd funding (which Iam part of) no, that is not Fraud. And I have actually told Jolla I changed my 'order' to donation, not expecting anything, in this round.

But, there was one last round. Where some placed a pre-order. That, is another situation, and, if it can be somewhat proven, even the slightest, that Jolla knew that these would likely not be delivered , that, qualifies as fraud, definitely. Of course, given that money was paid by who orderes,.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Given the pattern of pre-order and delays, it's reasonable to assume that the trouble with the next financial round started around September time. The extra pre-ordered were sold to increase the size of the production batches and save costs. These people took a huge risk to try to make Sailfish work - of course they meant to deliver at the time they were sold. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise unless they specifically meant to attack these guys.

Please remember that the alternative to all these claims of fraud is that a bunch of people are on the brink of bankrupcy after having their funding pulled. Everything they've built over the last few years, even a decade for some, could come tumbling down. Imagine how it must feel to see a bunch of your supposed fans rant on the internet about how you always intended to rip them off. Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

If the money does come in, that the tablet deliveries get priority over the refunds mentioned in that last blog post. Tom should have to wait at the back of the queue to get his $242 off George Bailey.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
@billranton

I totally agree with you. But facts doesn't change.

My personal stand is, the best way we can help make Jolla get back on its feet's are being supportive. And don't start asking refunds, charge backs etc. Etc.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Indeed. A bank run is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
oooh.
ouch.
that is one movie with probably the most desperate bank run depicted.
I love "it's a wonderful life"
watch it every x-mas.
but boy that scene sure depicts a grim historical time.
I'd hope no alternate device company has to go through anything like that.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post: