Posts: 33 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ kaputtgart, merkelistan
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
it is almost as demotivating as people that order black-black-black tohkbds. come on, dare to be a little unlike...
actually i was not aware, that i has only that chance to buy one...
i thought that i could buy one later, more unlike, i couldn't imagine that you work that hard for only one little serie...
would love to recombinate diffrent tohkbd...

but you sound as nothing could change your mind to stop the production...

;(

anyway thank you for this wonderfull piece your funkyness...

The Following User Says Thank You to tobasmogaster For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by tobasmogaster View Post
i thought that i could buy one later, more unlike, i couldn't imagine that you work that hard for only one little serie...

;(

Just keep an eye on ebay or just here on tmo, there could be people who would sell it

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Kimmoli, if I can make a wish: If possible, make alt-tab work like it does in desktop os's: so that the app that is activated with the first alt-tab keystroke is the one I used last (before the current one). That way you can quickly switch back and forth between two apps with single alt-tab's.
ssahla: this is now implemented in 0.3.2

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Originally Posted by tobasmogaster View Post

;(

As the 3D files are on Github, you'll be at least able to get a new backplate easily, and if you're more of a dare devil even a new keyboard plate... Just print it at Shapeways.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tiempjuuh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ kaputtgart, merkelistan
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
As the 3D files are on Github, you'll be at least able to get a new backplate easily, and if you're more of a dare devil even a new keyboard plate... Just print it at Shapeways.
first off all I'm waiting for my boring one
...inpatient like a teenager waiting for his first date..

Last edited by tobasmogaster; 2015-06-26 at 07:02.

Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
464 to go

now working on qwertz
from low numbers to high
then some qwerty
then all others
then all that ended up in 'something wrong with this pile'

hope to send all kickstarter orders within two weeks
Just wanted to say: WOOOOOO WOOOOOO WOOOOOO!

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
I had to change back to my previous phone (Motorola Droid 4)
HW issues:
The tactile feedback on TOHKBD is just plain horrible, individual buttons are "bit" wobbly and require random amount of force to register the keypress. Whole keyboard on TOHKBD feels like its on top of soft rubber.

SW: issues:
lag between keypress and letter on screen is bit too much. No Android app support (as of 25.6.) And as you know the native app selection on Jolla is still relatively limited one must use Android apps pretty much daily.

- Hount

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hount For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Hount View Post
HW issues:
The tactile feedback on TOHKBD is just plain horrible, individual buttons are "bit" wobbly and require random amount of force to register the keypress. Whole keyboard on TOHKBD feels like its on top of soft rubber.
Feeling is quite "hard", it requires some force to press and the movement of keys is relatively short. However it seems to me it is getting a bit easier to press the buttons.

Originally Posted by Hount View Post
SW: issues:
lag between keypress and letter on screen is bit too much. No Android app support (as of 25.6.) And as you know the native app selection on Jolla is still relatively limited one must use Android apps pretty much daily.
I just have to disagree on this. It is a popular misconception that Android apps are needed for anything; I'd consider it better if there was no Android support at all, then people would not bitch about it constantly.

And yes; I have never had android support in my device, I did not install it two years ago and have never needed it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I just have to disagree on this. It is a popular misconception that Android apps are needed for anything; I'd consider it better if there was no Android support at all, then people would not bitch about it constantly.

And yes; I have never had android support in my device, I did not install it two years ago and have never needed it.
Just because you didn't ever used it, doesn't mean that other users shouldn't use it too. It also doesn't mean that it shouldn't work properly either.

I personally need it to use it for my banking app, or parking app to pay the parking money and stuff.
And yes, there shouldn't be any reason why TOHKBD shouldn't work on Android apps... I hope there will be a fix for this

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
I don't experience any input lag, but I do agree that the keys are very hard to press which is a real bummer. It's better than the onscreen keyboard, but not as great as my previous phone (HP Pre 3) or my mum's phone (BB Passport). Hopefully that will improve once the keys 'sink in' after a while

As for TOHKBD Android apps support: didn't I read that the upcoming system update will allow that?

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd