Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
1. Not too difficult
2. springloaded magic
3. afaik, no replacements
Thanx

Before opening phone, this worked for me https://together.jolla.com/question/...#post-id-51238
If you mean the squeeze method, that was the first thing I tried.

Thanks for the TJC link, BTW. I should learn to use it more. I usually don't because I find navigating there a complete nightmare. Nothing compared to TMO.

That TJC thread describes my problem exactly. It also pointed me to this thread (I did some search before posting, but apparently for wrong keywords, not "muted"... silly me!). It looked promising sice I did have Gallery open for a long time when the sound went out. Needless to say, the solution there did not help.

also changing speaker at care did go under warranty.
I'm sure it does, but I bought mine second hand and without papers.

Found also this that is related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4e5zqG86c4
Very interesting. Thanks again!

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Thanx

If you mean the squeeze method, that was the first thing I tried.

Thanks for the TJC link, BTW. I should learn to use it more. I usually don't because I find navigating there a complete nightmare. Nothing compared to TMO.

That TJC thread describes my problem exactly. It also pointed me to this thread (I did some search before posting, but apparently for wrong keywords, not "muted"... silly me!). It looked promising sice I did have Gallery open for a long time when the sound went out. Needless to say, the solution there did not help.

I'm sure it does, but I bought mine second hand and without papers.

Very interesting. Thanks again!
If you've got your IMEI (which I assume you do ), they'll just give you the warranty. At least they did it to me...

The Following User Says Thank You to tiempjuuh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
If you've got your IMEI (which I assume you do ), they'll just give you the warranty. At least they did it to me...
I don't get it. Everyone's got the IMEI.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
The IMEI is just like a serial number. An IMEI is issued at a specific date, so if your phone's IMEI is < 2 years old, you still have your warranty.

No matter if you get what I'm saying or not, just contact Jolla care and see how it develops.

I know how the IMEI works. The part I don't get is that you suggest that the warranty is transferable. That's not how it usually works, you need to produce a receipt. Anyway, I can try, that should not cost anything.

UPDATE
Encouraged by kimmo's post, I have opened the blighter and can report that:
  1. It was dead easy (although only because I already happened to have the right screwdriver - Torx T5, same as for the N9, in case anyone wants to follow);
  2. My speaker is speaking again
  3. My NFC is not, but that's the least of my bothers

I did not do anything special: opened it, rubbed the contracts with a finger nail, put it back together.

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-11-01 at 23:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I know how the IMEI works. The part I don't get is that you suggest that the warranty is transferable. That's not how it usually works, you need to produce a receipt. Anyway, I can try, that should not cost anything.

UPDATE
Encouraged by kimmo's post, I have opened the blighter and can report that:
  1. It was dead easy (although only because I already happened to have the right screwdriver - Torx T5, same as for the N9, in case anyone wants to follow);
  2. My speaker is speaking again
  3. My NFC is not, but that's the least of my bothers

I did not do anything special: opened it, rubbed the contracts with a finger nail, put it back together.
I also previously had the same problem with the speaker of my Jolla - also removed the back cover / TOH and worked a bit with the speaker.

That was a few months ago - seems to be working nowadays. But the contacts of the speaker seem to be faulty - the speaker occasionally has a hiccup.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
So out of the sudden I also experienced this speaker issue. I noticed this after my alarm sound was not played in the morning...

I am sure this issue was caused by a drop from about 60cm height.

So I opened my Jolla today, cleaned the contacts and also bend the contacts from the speaker a little bit so that they will apply some more pressure onto the contacts on the backplate.
It's working fine now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Something which I don't remember being touched on in this thread or elsewhere is that the front-facing camera is different in the First One to the later (in my case March) batches.

I assume the sensor is the same, but the lens is definitely different.

Other differences appear to be that SIM holder and battery have marginally better fit, and device creaks and groans less if you squeeze it (presumably better put together).

Also, does anyone have a later than March or April production date? Someone told me they had an April, but it was the first I'd heard of later than March, and wondering if they'd made an error.

Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Also, does anyone have a later than March or April production date? Someone told me they had an April, but it was the first I'd heard of later than March, and wondering if they'd made an error.
How can I check it? I only received my Jolla a few weeks ago...

Originally Posted by consono View Post
How can I check it? I only received my Jolla a few weeks ago...
Lift the battery out. It says in the tray underneath.