Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Any idea about the hissing background noise I'm getting in Panucci...but not in media player? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...547#post299547
I forgot to ask, but what version of Panucci are you using?

Could you verify if there's a difference between version 0.3 (the one in the maemo extras repo) and the 0.4 beta (available here).

Thanks

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by nikosapi View Post
I forgot to ask, but what version of Panucci are you using?

Could you verify if there's a difference between version 0.3 (the one in the maemo extras repo) and the 0.4 beta (available here).

Thanks
I'm using version 0.3-4

I un-installed it and tried to install 0.4 but ran into this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...d=1#post299890
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2009-06-26 at 05:03.

I couldn't find a manual for Panucci. Not that it really needs one, as most of the stuff is intuitive. But there are a couple of things that wern't immediatly obvious to me, and I can forsee it expanding in future. So please excuse the [sic] Audacity, but I created a skeleton of a 'manual' in a wiki format.
The intention is that if questions have to be asked here, then it probably needs to be documented, as others will have the same question. So if you have been helped by an answer, and its not specific to some special situation you have, then please add the info to the wiki.
I've read somewhere about gestures going into panucci, but I don't recall where or know whats available. If someone knows that if they could please add it to the wiki that would be great.
If the manual is already out there or is being worked on I apologise for treading on anyones toes - feel free to modify/delete/redirect or whatever works best.

The wiki can be found here Panucci manual

The Following User Says Thank You to vjones777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Panucci 0.3-6 will hit Extras-Devel soon, currently in the autobuilder.

Notable changes:
  • Fullscreen support
  • Tap on the cover image to toggle between pause/playback

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i think ill stay with pre-0.4...

As I'm having time for more podcast listening in the holidays, I decided to add some more UI improvements to Panucci:

Yep, that's portrait mode, and it works great for single-handed operation. You need to set up rotation on your tablet first.

Panucci will automatically relayout itself (at runtime) when you change the rotation, so you can change the rotation (i.e. for web browsing) without having to re-start Panucci.

Rotation support is in version 0.3-7, available in Extras-Devel soon. Sorry for not being able to port these changes to the test version of 0.4 right now.

Video of it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eclEv3stErA

Last edited by thp; 2009-08-30 at 13:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Any chance this will work on a N900?

Scott

Originally Posted by slewis1972 View Post
Any chance this will work on a N900?
It does already - and is available in Extras-Testing. Please read the Extras-Testing disclaimer before you start using it.

Please help test and review the package on the package page so that we can promote it to Extras.

Is it possible to lock the screen to prevent rotation (on Maemo5)?

I find that when the screen rotates, the audio stutters a bit. I don't think this is specifically a problem with Panucci, as it happens during Skype calls too.

If it is not currently possible, it would be a handy feature to be able to optionally prevent screen rotation.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Here's a quick concept for landscape mode that would improve usability a lot http://i.imgur.com/Cwd2y.jpg

Yeah, after concepting for two days in Barcelona for FM Radio I don't think I'm any better at this, but it's fun and took about 20 minutes.

Tags
barbiestrsand