Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Please discuss the OSS free/libre elsewhere since it's unrelated with the topic. If you can stop playing tennis here many will appreciate it as well. I think everybody following the threas got the points.

Originally Posted by smackpotato View Post
for the n810 the bar was set low as to who got a developers discount. I wrote a small script to change some settings for the 770 and answered a few questions on itt. This time if they give out discounts for 500 people, a karma of 60 will be needed. That's if karma is all that is needed.
I actually agree with you. 200 karma feels like a right orientative thresold BUT DO NOT GET OBSESSED WITH KARMA as we are not.

Let us deploy the N900 device program, see who can apply and then you can start looking whether we missed someone essential.

By the way, I was serious supporting debernardis' proposal. If you are serious about it as well please go ahead. And as a test, check whether your potential candidates would have a karma belos 200. If only to check how well/bad the karma system actually works.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
what is karma?

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
what is karma?
This is Karma

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
I actually agree with you. 200 karma feels like a right orientative thresold BUT DO NOT GET OBSESSED WITH KARMA as we are not.
So if you have a karma of 300+, should you be worried that you haven't been contacted yet?

Ouch, poor me -- hey I need some "thanks" people. This post could use a lot of thanks. ;-D

Nathan.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Hi Gnuite! Good to see you around.

Let me improve the string I used already for penguinbait:

($DEVELOPER) & co: relax and concentrate on the real stuff. Everything will be fine.
In other words: work making your software available in Fremantle Extras.

Also, the fact that a developer like you has around 300 karma points and no more shows that we need to do something about http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...heir_software/

Please vote and contribute to that proposal (but not in this thread because it's off-topic and there is already another thread open about it http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31519

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
This is Karma
rofl, all my accounts are registered under different emails I think (bug list reporting, my maemo talk account, whatever). But interesting to learn.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

You can add your emails to your profile and they will count.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
I wish there was some Karma for the number of hours spent here. My Karma will definitely jump to 200+ then!

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post: