Poll: After having experienced the Nokia N900, which phone would you get next (replacement phone)?
Poll Options
After having experienced the Nokia N900, which phone would you get next (replacement phone)?

I've just got a motorola defy, it won't replace my n900 for every day use but it can replace n900 for hiking and winter sports as it's water proof, dust resistant and shock proof.

N900 only needs DECENT native email client, just that.

The Following User Says Thank You to xabier For This Useful Post:
this is a really tough questino for me. I would love to get the new meego device but i am not so sure i am up for another repeat of what i experienced this past year with the nokia n900. the specs on the n9 look cool but no fm transmitter (wwhich i use a lot) and its a brand new os with no real app store. I cant depend on nokia to provide support and i dont know if the meego community will be like the maemo one (which i love) i think i will sit back and wait for apolished product to come out before i b uy a new phone. it will prob be me and the n900 for a few years with that being said. nothing else out there comes close right now.

I am not against considering andriod though

The Following User Says Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
I've had the N900 for a year and I've been shopping around lately. My biggest N900 gripes have been network connection speeds and popular apps. ATT and Verizon are the only 3g providors in my area and I'd prefer to stick with ATT. That said there aren't a lot of good, unlocked phones that do ATT 3g and they're non-Iphone contract phones are usually crippled. However some Adroid phone such as the Droid 2 Global are looking pretty good.

With the apps, the problem is that it seems like there are always popular apps coming out that will never see a version for the N900 and who's functionality I can't just recreate. It's like if all your friend wanted to play baseball but you didn't own a glove. If you had the means to buy a glove would you complain about being a sheep or just buy the glove.

Android 2.2+ is looking real powerful right now, base functions have been fleshed out and it gets popular app support. If I needed a phone right now, I'd say a Droid 2 Global. Decent camera, full keyboard, Android 2.2(hopefully 2.3 coming), Att 3g bands, etc.. However I might give the N900 another 6 months or so till the next generation of Android phones emerge.

The Following User Says Thank You to dmberta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Aren't you glad you're using the N900 rather than the iPhone?

Did you wake up late because your iPhone alarm failed? Here is why

CUPERTINO, California: Many iPhone customers had some explaining to do after they overslept to start the new year, due to a glitch in the gadget's alarm clock feature.

Users who set their iPhone alarm for a single wake-up rather than recurring use found the alarm didn't go off with the year's arrival, Apple Inc. spokeswoman Natalie Harrison said Sunday.

A fix is in the works, and all iPhone alarms will work properly starting Monday, she said.

The glitch affects iPhones using Apple's latest iOS 4.0 operating system, including earlier versions of the smart phone whose users have downloaded the latest software.

It wasn't immediately clear what caused the alarm problem, or how many iPhone users were affected. Online postings on blogs and social media sites described people being late for work, church services and other appointments on Saturday and Sunday because of the problem.

The problem is the second in two months involving the iPhone's alarm clock. The company said in early November that the end of daylight savings time could cause problems for iPhone users. In that instance, Apple said that repeating alarms set on iPhones and some versions of the iPod touch might not recognize the Nov. 7 end of daylight savings time, and might work incorrectly shortly before or after the time change.

The Cupertino-based company introduced the iPhone in 2007. Apple sold 14.1 million iPhones in its fiscal fourth quarter, from July through September.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i will get new devices, but not to replace my n900....

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2008 @ London
This really is a tough one. I would probably replace my N900 with two devices; a phone and a tablet of some sort simply because I really need longer battery life in a phone and a tablet like device for for internet/movies while i'm in the sofa/bus/train etc.

There are allot of great phones out there now but I wouldn't change from my N900. I got my one new for 270 pounds too and so i'm not happy spending 350+ on just another phone...

I'm hoping the N9 will actually be half-finished when it is released and I hope its on time too.

If it ticks the right boxes when it finally arrives then N9 or atom based meego device ftw.

The Following User Says Thank You to *the_newbie* For This Useful Post:
No idea I just got my N900, but whatever it is, since I've experienced a physical keyboard I can't have anything else, touch screen keyboard just doesn't cut it, and if the N9 did come out with Meego, from the screen shots and all it seemed way to child like. I still prefer Maemo it seems a bit more professional

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
whatever device that'll bring give me rocket launchers. i need me some g**damn rocket launchers.
LMAO!! Who doesn't?

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by msa View Post
i'm definitely not doing the early-adopter again.
Tell me about it. I got an N97 straight after launch, just based purely on my experience with the excellent N95. I didn't research it or anything. I was just so busy wetting my pants about the QWERTY keys and flip up screen, that I was sold. Biggest mistake.

I'm here now feeling around for the N900. I've been pouring over it for the last 6 months now. I'm convinced I'm getting one very soon. I want a brand new one and I know that time is running out very soon as it'll be discontinued in the UK soon.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It will take an act of God and/or an incredible set of advancements for me to ever get another Nokia phone.

A Nokia tablet however, I'm game for... just not a tablet with telephony tacked on in a crap manner, again.