Originally Posted by Robette
I posted this in the news section but the hori PSP screen protectors are supposedly the best and are only $5. The width needs to be cropped slightly but it works great.
I picked up 2 of the pellicans at Target this afternoon. They need to be trimmed, but they're a whole lot better than what I was using. Just make sure to install right to left (so that the vertical scroll bar is covered).

Etaoin

Yes. Also be careful of your lines are striaght. I had to pull mine off halfway through initially because of this. The result was that top edge that fit underneath the case became malformed, leaving a thin inch long section that won't stick down.

I can't see it while it's on but I worry about the dust that will inevitably collect underneath it.

my god, it sounds like a lot of you are having so much trouble with screen protection, some even reported screwing up their screens even more so by applying and reapplying screen adhesives.

I am a HEAVY Nokia 770 user, and the area around the keyboard looks JUST like a heavily used touch screen should. I had a Zaurus for 4/5 years and its screen only begin to show visible marks in its 4th year.

No one should be worried about their 770 screens unless they use it too hard or improperly. Come on guys, they included 2 stylus's, dont you think they thought of testing the screen to see how easily it scratches?

I don't know. My mate's palm looked atrocious after just a year of heavy use. Seeing that made me swear to always use protection

ha ha ha. Well ask yourself, how does a screen become scuffed?

Well its the stylus, but what about the stylus scuffs the screen. Well, particles that build up on the screen that get dragged around both roughen the stylus as well as scuff the screen.

Keeping your screen free of particles is key, as is changing stylus's every 6-8 months, maybe a year depending on use.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Stockholm area
A company with a very good OVERLAY reputation.
Expensive but high quality.

http://www.overlayplus.com/index1.asp

TTP

Another place to try

PDAScreenprotectors.com

They cut few samples for me and they worked well, and they best part is that they are not adhesive. Worth investigating.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Boston, Massachusetts
Originally Posted by erica
Damn,,I just bought these....now I'm worrried! I really hope they corrected this since you informed them because I didn't pay for these ones so I'd have to make them fit.....I bought them because the auction says they are for the nokia 770.

::::crossing my fingers:::::

So I bought this product too... The size fits perfectly, and the service by the seller (with regards to shipping... etc) were great. However, the material is almost impossible to apply to the screen without a multiplicity of air bubbles getting in. It also attracts a lot of lint, so even if you have cleaned the screen, you have to watch out that none land in between the screen and the protector in the few short seconds before application. After much fussing and squeezing one can rid of most of the air bubbles, but a few will always remain. I went through two of these films before I had one acceptable application. It would have been nice if the seller had included a $1 plastic burnisher with the $16 package. The air bubbles are almost impossible to get out without a specialized tool.

I will now most certainly go out and get a Hori Screen Protector for the PSP.

Last edited by oafbot; 2006-02-12 at 01:09.

I'm in the UK so I might try out the Jessops protectors but I have to say I'm going to see if I can get an 'invisible shield' protector. My iPod nano got one as soon as it was taken out of the box a few months ago, and it has been absolutely fantastic. It's true when they say you can key it and it's fine. wipe-clean etc. It's worked fantastically.

More info here!