Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sheffield
I wanted to flash my n900 in windows 7x64 with flasher tool v3.5. I used all the command lines as mentioned in the flashing wiki but always get the same message which iam not sure at all. here is the screen shot...

Please help me. cheers

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
There's an issue on 64bit, I think.

You'll have to try it on a 32bit, preferably vista/xp.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by krishna9349 View Post
I wanted to flash my n900 in windows 7x64 with flasher tool v3.5. I used all the command lines as mentioned in the flashing wiki but always get the same message which iam not sure at all. here is the screen shot...

Please help me. cheers
Hi! everything looks ok on your command line BUT!!

that part "...COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin" might be writed wrong. So my guestion to you is, did you write _MR0_? The last one is number ZERO, not LETTER O.

sorry my bad english, hope this helps. But i'm pretty sure thats the problem. Let me know, if this works

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I have had the exact same problem as the OP , I can flash the phone but not the eMMC. As soon as I flash the phone it just goes into the reboot cycle the OP posted. OP did you flash the eMMC and if so how did you get around the issue of it not being able to detect the USB device?

1. The %m error seems to mean it can't find the file to flash; double check you got it spelled properly.

I fixed mine; it was like your ZackMorris -- Switch to RD mode, boot -- let it set for a couple hours charging (while booted); Switch out of RD mode. Should be working.

Nathan

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
just managed to do a eMMc flash on windows 7 x64 was worried for a second because lots of people say it dosent work on wndows 7 and i dont have acess to xp if anyone needs help just lemme know

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moon
with win7 x64 did you have enable unsigned drivers mode or do anything extra?

First, thank you to all! Your posts helped to reanimate my bricked N900. (It' was fully bricked no live sign at all)

And now I wan't to give you something back.

I had no second N900 or 5800 to load my akku. So I used a different way.

I pluged my N900 in with the normal power cabel. And I saw the yellow? (i'm not so good in colors) light. than I removed the akku and the light still glowed. than I put the akku in again and the n900 vibrated and started booting. of course it stoped with * (*) * * *. but the light was blinking and the akku become charged. no I used the methods of this thread

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37420

on XP and my N900 ist back alive again.

Good luck for all others.

The Following User Says Thank You to schlomo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
I have flashed N900 this way:

1. remove battery
2. connect USB cable
3. start flasher-3.5 from command line
4. insert battery
5. flashing starts

I haven't been able to flash in my Windows machine, because USB seems to be totally powered down when nothing is connected and flasher programs thinks that USB port doesn't exist.

The Problem is when i connect the phone it wants to install NOKIA USB ROM DRIVER and fails.....
any idea to solve this????

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Having huge problem which no one on freenode chat can help me with.

Nothing is showing up at when holding down the "u" button and plugging in the USB cable. Yes the N900 is fully charged ( I'm not that noobish ), and nothing is happening, except every 20 seconds or so the yellow light comes on and stays yellow, and the vibrating device does a real quick "turning on" signal, Nokia comes up on the screen but no backlight or anything else.

Tried using the flasher, say's it unpacked images then say's "Nothing to Do" then gives lists of flasher options.

WTF do I do next cause no one seems to know what to do and I've followed all steps according to maemo wiki

Thanks, I'm just really emoraging right now cause nothing is working

-Socrates 469 BC

Tags
lack of quality control