Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Waiting for my new/old one to come in the mail, I figure it'll be inevitable that I start making little programs for mine for things I need (check my bank account, uber, etc). Small things that don't take long to code, rather than large projects.

Anyone still need anything done, who currently use their phones?

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Yes, still out here, I have a feeling N900 usage period will overlap and contain my Jolla usage period

I miss Firefox: reading mode, save as PDF etc..

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...fennec&page=45

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Daily user here.

My only real disappointment with this device has been the unability to sync my Evolution calendar/tasks/contacts directly with my N900, without having to rely on a third-party solution like Funambol.

But it's not a trivial task since Nokia managed to screw up syncevolution, somehow, somewhere...

I guess the only thing I do miss that might be realistic to achieve is a better MPD solution for the N900, rather than the buggy and ugly client we have now (CuteMPD).

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
azkay ... for mine for things I need (check my bank account, uber, etc). Small things that don't take long to code, rather than large projects.

Anyone still need anything done, who currently use their phones?

uber for the N900 would be ... fantastic

Folks using a N900 in 2016 are probably not as app crazy as the Android/Apple crowd. I am very pleased with the current software available but of course some stuff can be improved. Would like some better browsing experience, Telegram GUI, improved security. Probably not the small tasks you are looking for though.

One thing I liked about Android and doesn't seem to be available for Meamo is a more advance swipe to unlock. So not a very secure lock - just a minor one (e.g. a small obstacle for the snoopy colleague) that is quick and does not cause flashing the device if it is forgotten.

Any app that can crawl webpages and provide some data in a readable manner on the small N900 screen is appreciated.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Nigeria
i use n900 as my main phone, would like to see(1) flash share app; bluetooth is alot slower to transfer files to an android phone. (2) Imei changer and generator (3) dvb-h and dvb-t on nokia 900 (4) symbian '3 or belle emulator (5) RAM booster and battery optimizer (6) an upgraded mplayer that plays 1080p videos (7) maemo.org application:

Hi,

- a working again Evernote client (Qvernote) and/or sharing plugin.
- a sharing plugin for Yappari (Whatsapp client) to share many pictures or videos at once from gallery instead of looking for each one from Yappari using slow file dialog .
- a working Google Photos sharing pugin or app now that Picasa is being sunset
- some API based app to connect to Synology services like DS Video or DS Photo

Regards,
Rafa.

The Following User Says Thank You to rgodinez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by pharaoh94 View Post
i use n900 as my main phone, would like to see(1) flash share app; bluetooth is alot slower to transfer files to an android phone. (2) Imei changer and generator (3) dvb-h and dvb-t on nokia 900 (4) symbian '3 or belle emulator (5) RAM booster and battery optimizer (6) an upgraded mplayer that plays 1080p videos (7) maemo.org application:
2) Impossible (moreover, why would you need that?)
3) Lacks necessary hardware
4) Impossible
6) Lacks necessary hardware

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Daily user. N900 serves me well with regard to having stereo speakers a physical keyboard and the facility to compose one's own desktops, i.e. in the way I like it. I'm not very adware of much other telephone specs though. I'm usually abhorred by what I see around me (no good grip, no good desktops). I have my N900's in aluminium/neoprene case which offers reasonable protection and whose belt clip serves as a nice stand. I keep my N900 closeby usually, even hanging from an earphone with neck strap. My favorite apps are modrana, rockbox and cutetube2.

If asked what I'd like besides that

1 (easy) calendar/contacts syncing app
2 improved browser
3 continual of yappari
4 cutetube option download sound
5 mediabox app working
6 dropbox app working

The Following User Says Thank You to 7thd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I'd like a Number26 application, as this bank is becoming extremely popular in Europe but requires a Android >4.3 or iOS device, since there is no website to track your expenses and everything is done in the official smartphone application. Unfortunately I doubt the code is open.

And maybe Qremotecontrol.