I really would like to help,
but unfortunately I don't even know how things work,
I think i will start reading all tutorials. hope it's not gonna take long

@zerojay: How's it going?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm stalled at the moment. The issue here is that the protocols I'm adding appear to cause Galago to crash. Galago is what apparently deals with keeping track of your friends online statuses and sharing it with other apps. Because of this crashing issue, all user status is lost for all telepathy-haze protocols (AIM, ICQ, IRC, etc...)

This is a major problem. I'm still working on it and the Collabora guys will help me with it when they have some time.

I don't know if there's anything that can be done to fix this for Diablo or not... but I will keep pressing onward.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Have you made any progress on this, as it would all be really cool.

Does any of it work correctly, and even if not, would it be worth putting up what you have for others to download and experiment, test and possibly help fix?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
http://cass.no-ip.com/~cassidy/blog/...t-in-Telepathy

Hmm.. this might be interesting...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Still working on it zerojay ???

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
seems this might change the game a bit.

facebook to start using the XMPP protocol in its chat client?

The Following User Says Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Facebook has been promising xmpp for years now. I wouldn't hold my breath.

It's been a month now. How's it going with this? Any progress? :P

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
given the news thatg Collabra has now released 0.8 which enables FB chat on M5, is there any hope for a backport so that FB aznd twitter and the rest of Zerojay's great work etc will progress and be released.

Tags
chat, facebook, plugin, rtcomm