My first of currently 5 N900s - setup as clock and weather report.
So - my daily phone? Yes and no . Yes, because daily - no, because it's not used as a mobile.

I deassembled it completely several times - how amazed I am that it survived my destructive clumsiness of a non-technician. I cleaned out some status icons with powatool and made the taskbar transparent for better vsibility of the full screen. The weather data is pulled from accuweather.com via diy-scripts and QBW.

When the USB-port got bustet a couple years ago I started to use Samsung Galaxy I phones instead. Then I fixed the port via the back pads under the battery connected to JST sh plug. The success of that got me so thrilled that I picked up N900 tinkering as a full hobby.

Another one I use solely for gaming - sixaxis, mouse, keyboard via BT. ScummVM, emulators, WebOS (also with sixaxis).

N900 and this community rock!
Attached Images

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to sebar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
Its really great to see n900 in use today, even for other purposes than it was originally designed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
There is the needed version of libgpg-error0 in extras-devel and extras-testing so you can install it from there or simply enable those repos just for this installation (be aware of the risks enabling those repos and installing packages from there).
Edit - It works! I installed cutetube 2 and it works!

Last edited by ryu1; 2017-12-07 at 19:25.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:
I'm using N900 as my daily phone. Yesterday had to replace display because the resistive touchscreen stopped working. Luckily i have a lot of spares and extra devices .

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to muto For This Useful Post:
Just spotted this thread. My N900's retired now, on my 2nd one (first died of what seems to be storage failure? Reflash doesn't help) which still works. My current phone's a Droid 4 running LineageOS 14.1, I took it to the US back in mid-October and it wouldn't pick up a cell signal after working in multiple other countries! Turned out it has a region-specific hardware cell network lock in the US, so I would've had to get a Verizon SIM to make it work. Luckily I'd accidentally packed my N900 in my "phone stuff" pouch so I used it for calls & texts for the week.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:
Well a keekend with n900. I'll take some pictures with it and post them here to see if the camera still stand (even if the camera of my n900 is not genuine but a nokia n97 camera)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I am on my third N900. One N900 went out of order because of full rootfs, and another because of attempt to upgrade kernel while multiboot was installed. I also have a fourth N900 which, weirdly enough, has working microUSB port, and thus can be my charger during a travel. And fifth N900 in drawer. I have a shortage of LCD screens, resistive touchscreens and backcovers (especially with working camera lens cover). A few batteries are out of order, too.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I am on my third N900. One N900 went out of order because of full rootfs, and another because of attempt to upgrade kernel while multiboot was installed. I also have a fourth N900 which, weirdly enough, has working microUSB port, and thus can be my charger during a travel. And fifth N900 in drawer. I have a shortage of LCD screens, resistive touchscreens and backcovers (especially with working camera lens cover). A few batteries are out of order, too.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
As I promised, I made some photos with my n900 in the town where I spend my weekends.
It seems like n900 still can compete with the latest flagships in terms of camera (even if mine has a nokia n97 camera):

Macro mode is also great:

I regret I didn't take the galaxy s8 with me to compare the two cameras.

Last edited by ryu1; 2017-12-11 at 09:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Beautiful! I love snow.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: