Active Topics

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by jakibaki View Post
At the very least the flashtool.net website appears to be the official one since it's linked in the top post of this immensely popular xda-thread so it's probably just a mistake by the person who maintains the website (especially since if someone took over the website for malicious purposes and changed the links to infected ones they could also have changed the md5sum to the infected version).
Thanks. Yes you're probably right. Though if you still have zipped package, please could you do me a favour and md5sum your download so at least I know I'm using same download.

The Following User Says Thank You to richie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Thanks. Yes you're probably right. Though if you still have zipped package, please could you do me a favour and md5sum your download so at least I know I'm using same download.
Code:
md5sum flashtool-0.9.23.1-linux.tar.7z
a68d331f710b78f7eaf4350e70d3e693  flashtool-0.9.23.1-linux.tar.7z

md5sum flashtool-0.9.23.1-mac.dmg
26affb08e4421292ed6858c2b8688c1e  flashtool-0.9.23.1-mac.dmg

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Yes, on Aug 29th they wrote:

For all of you former Community Device Program members we offer a 20% discount,i.e. the price for you is 39.90€ (including VAT).We’ll let you know how you can claim this discount closer to the sales start.
They are working to get that in place!

News from today regarding Jolla C 20% discount on Jolla Fans FB Group:
You definitely can get 20% off your purchase if you have been in the community device program (Jolla C). We just have not yet deployed that system and have not sent those vouchers to our community program members. Please stay tuned and keep in mind that you can not combine 2 vouchers together. Thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
Just a quick comment: I have purchased Sailfish X from Jolla Shop. I used a voucher that I have received from the Jolla Tablet Refund, and during the whole process, the only geographic-dependent step was agreeing with the terms of conditions, which in particular mentions that Sailfish X is currently being sold only in EU/Norway/Switzerland.

Indeed, we do not know yet how much different the process is going to be if one will not be using a voucher, and also how the download procedures will exactly go. I think the easiest is simply wait, we should learn that in a week.
There is one geographic-dependent step that you may not have realized - this is what you get if you try to visit the Jolla Shop from a U.S. IP address:

Until that's lifted, there's no way to buy anything, unless you have a VPN set up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
You're fine flashing one of the community builds. At the end of the day, ANY existing image on the phone (whether it be an Android image or SFOS) will be overwritten when you re-flash.

Originally Posted by trashHeap View Post
Hey I have an unlocked Xperia X I got off ebay arriving today. My plan was to flash it on the 11th using my work laptop. (My only readily available Windows PC).

Does anyone know if it's safe to go ahead and flash one of the unofficial builds in the meantime? Or will that screw up the emma/windows flashing I plan on doing next week?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meatbiscuit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
There is one geographic-dependent step that you may not have realized - this is what you get if you try to visit the Jolla Shop from a U.S. IP address:
https://i.imgur.com/3kDn4uw.png
Until that's lifted, there's no way to buy anything, unless you have a VPN set up.
Oh indeed, I visited the Czech Republic yesterday. Although, there was no nice error message for a Canadian attempt yesterday, and there was just a blank page.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Is it true that Sony punishes it's customers for unlocking bootloaders?

https://www.xda-developers.com/resto...locked-xperia/

Sailfish run with a crippled camera thnx to Sony's policy?

I read a few things in this thread about backing up so called DRM files but it makes me tired and as somebody goes all principal over being forced to use a Windows PC to flash I might just refuse to touch any Sony for above reason and wait for Nokia 9 to open up.

Anybody that can confirm how this works? Can Sailfish users enjoy full quality of camera and sound of the Xperia X just like non rooted Androids? And if not is this not due to this DRM matter?

Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
IMO, you are not going to miss anything. It's mostly just some SW gimmicks.
On most sonys camera isn't any better (or worse) than other phones. Unlike their real cameras.
Audio is crippled just like on most other devices becuse of that stupid regulative from a few years back http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-09-1364_en.htm
And for sure, it can not be worse than on original Jolla.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Sailfish run with a crippled camera thnx to Sony's policy?
Yes, some of the DRM parts that are patented technologies cannot be used on other systems.

Anybody that can confirm how this works? Can Sailfish users enjoy full quality of camera and sound of the Xperia X just like non rooted
You can have access to the camera but some noise reduction magic algorithms which are in the DRM are not supported.
Some stuff is computated in the sensor itself and this is basically turned off for SailfishOS or other systems (like AOSP).
Last time I checked 8 Megapixels are the limit of the main camera. Though this might be raised to 13 or even the full sensors 23 Mpx.
We'll see what the first official image will bring.

When it comes to the audio department the Clear Audio or how Sony calls its equalizer and bass optimization isn't available.

So I expect the camera and maybe the audio not to work as superb as the Sony Android version will perform.
I guess it will basically perform like AOSP is on that device.

I'll plan to do some basic tests in regards to the camera when the official image arrives.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Booted up my Xperia and it's running 7.1.1 This is going to cause me issues right?

Anyone used Xperia Companion to downgrade to marshmallow?

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2017-10-05 at 20:40.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x