Active Topics

Notices

@gidzzz: Here is merge request for disabling logging:
https://gitorious.org/qt-mediaplayer...rge_requests/8

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Mafw library has function for enabling/disabling logging at runtime, see: http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/5.0-fi...w-Logging.html

And nokia media player is using it:

Code:
$ strings /usr/bin/mediaplayer.launch  | grep mafw_log_init
mafw_log_init
mafw_log_init:done
But OMP not.

@freemangordon, @gidzzz: Can you look at it? We can at least reduce useless logs in syslog. Maybe looking into nokia mediaplayer.launch binary and check which which arguments it calling it...
Sorry, I was very busy lately with having no time to even read TMO . Hopefully the storm is over and I will have some free time starting from tomorrow.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86 View Post
Please add an option to stretch video to whole screen & ability to cycle between audio streams during video playback. Ability to use external audio stream (i.e. separate file) would be great as well.
OMP is just a frontend to MAFW and MAFW does not seem to provide that functionality.

Originally Posted by ZedThou View Post
I'm opening a playlist with the file manager, it's just a file, each line of which is the full pathname of an mp3 file. OMP is playing them as Internet Radio stations, so I can't tap the picture of the globe to switch view modes from current playing to full playlist.

Any idea why this is happening? It didn't always work like this, it used to open playlists as a list of songs instead of Internet Radio stations. Sorry if my terminology is messed up, please let me know if clarification or screenshots are needed. This is version 20140326.
Things work alright here. The type of window which is opened depends on the type of the last file in the playlist (just for simplicity of implementation, maybe I will change that to a more intuitive solution in the future), so you might want to check if the last file exists or is in some unsupported format.

Originally Posted by yaliang View Post
will OMP support *.lrc ? refer to the mediabox
I do not have plans for that at the moment, but I do not have anything against it appearing in OMP either.

I have uploaded an update (20140418-1) with a bunch of changes from Pali:
  • Do not output MAFW messages to syslog.
  • Fixed a typo and updated the Slovak translation.
  • A few other changes under the hood.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
when checking autofit there is a bluish color , how about this?
CSSU-T latest version

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2014-04-18 at 16:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Latest version is working great! Thanks to gidzzz an pali!

Cpu load is really low and all the syslog flood has disappeared.

Also the "unsupported codec" message or the infinite wait before video playback has been completely solved with the stupid wrapper from post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1563

So, now all the video playback troubles are only due to the mafw-gst-renderer eating memory and hanging in an uknown "mumble state".

In fact the mafw-gst-renderer sources contain a section where it tries to detect video details (res, codec..) but any syslog reporting of this data is disabled..(this follows the general rule: any unuseful info is logged while all important details are not reported anywhere)

I have one little personal issue with OMP:
Music - All songs - Select a song from all the songs in alphabetic order typing part of song name - play

While playing the song i searched for, i would expect a way to play the other songs from the same album (since it shows also the album picture) but it seems there is no way to do it and you can only go back to the complete alphabetic list. (often i remember a song but not the album)
After this, if you have more albums with the same song, searching for a song an leaving it playing you obtain OMP playing 3 times (for example) the same song while the default behavior should be playing something related to the searched song but not 3 times the same.

Last edited by xes; 2014-04-25 at 09:41.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
In fact the mafw-gst-renderer sources contain a section where it tries to detect video details (res, codec..) but any syslog reporting of this data is disabled..(this follows the general rule: any unuseful info is logged while all important details are not reported anywhere)
Is it fixable? If yes, maybe CSSU could include updated where useful logging is enabled?

Also - considering that we won't (probably) see a possibility to fix mafw-gst-renderer anytime soon, maybe your method of using a small script linking to openmediaplayer binary, that kills mafw-gst-renderer before and after operation, should be incorporated in OMP releases? It's "ugly", but working fine, and the best thing we can have now, I guess.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-04-26 at 05:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
@gidzzz

one more request.
Since many things are changing into internet radios and search directories (see shoutcast) with the result that many internet radio bookmarks are not valid anymore, we are forced to search again our preferred streams to add them again with the usual tedious copy-paste steps. (...IF we can load that pages filled with javascript into our old mobile browser)

I would ask if it would be possible to add a search button to pass a search string to an external module or script that would give as result the link to the stream to be added to the bookmarks list (and eventually a load button to import a proper csv).

With this rough approach, we can find an easy solution to a problem with something that will be easy to fix/develop/customize in the future to follow new internet radios search directories.

An example of search script to start play with:
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtop...0587%23p150587

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
I know this is totally unnecessary but I was using my old n79 the other day and was wondering if scrolling lyrics could be implemented as well as a floating widget/application that displays the lyrics when you switch to other applications..kinda like how ttpod does it..it was quite cool

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meegomonster For This Useful Post:
If you are using both cssu-devel & OMP, please look here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...38#post1424538

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
OK, LC_ALL=C fixes. My regional settings (just regenerated, because somehow they changed themselves to both en-us) are:

language: en-us
regional settings (currency, decimal separator et al): Polish

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse